IF I had This and This and This I could quit Modding...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, Jul 28, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

May 11, 2003
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I was just telling the Wife that if I had just a few more mods for my existing vehicles, I could quit buying cars and parts.

For the K5:
    Crate 502/700R4/NP205
    1-ton Axles with 5.86 Gears
    Little 38" Tires

For the Z28:
    SLP headers and full exhaust.
    Racing Clutch.
    Supercharger with Aftercooler.

For the Malibu:
    Z06 Corvette LS6.
    Supercharger with Aftercooler.
    Frame-Off restoration.

For the Van:
    DVD Player.
    4.11 Gears.

And if I had all of that, I could quit modifying stuff and just be completely content for the rest of my life and never have to work another car/truck again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

She ain't buyin' it. (The story OR the parts.)

But I swear, after just this one or two more mods I'm quitting. Honest. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Jun 2, 2001
    if if if if if if if ..theres alwasy an IF
    but the #1 "if only.."

If only your aunt had a [I love Jeeps] she'd be your uncle /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
  3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    [ QUOTE ]
    For the K5:
    Crate 502/700R4/NP205
    1-ton Axles with 5.86 Gears

[/ QUOTE ]

700R-4 would prolly puke in short order...and the lowest gears for a 14 bolt are 5.13's. If you were looking for bulletproof think TH400 with doubler or NV4500 behind that motor./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hell, if you're gonna day dream, dream big!

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Jan 12, 2001

1987 Blazer #1 (silver, DD)
    -rebuild the now 100K mile 350, new injectors with most of the turbo city stuff
    -the 700R4 is already pretty well built and riding at about 25K miles so I would need to regear the stock 3.08s
    -Dana44 6 lugger 4.10's and limited slip with warn lockouts, 12bolt 4.10's and an auburn
    -TC-EZ-ride 3" front and rear springs, furd shock towers up front and probely just 3" lift shocks in the rear.
    -Some sort of axle wrap control for the 12bolt
    some wild new rims wrapped in 35" Goodyear Wrangler AT/S's
    - new 3" ypipe, 3" flex coupler into a 3" cat into a 3" 50 series dual out flowmaster, then duals out the sides behind the tires.
    - nip the front fenders a little /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and rhinoline and paint the bottom 10" of the truck to match after fixing my drivers door rust issue
    -toss on a set of black nerf bars to help my a$$ get in it on a daily basis and I would be happy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

1987 Blazer #2 (currently a plow truck)
    -New frame and full bed replacement (along with some body mounts and floor repairs)
    -new tank, straps and skid plate
    -new brake and fuel lines
    -new linkages on the 700r4 (worn from forward/reverse plowing)
    -Dana44 8lugger with truetrac and 4.56 gears up front, 14bff with (my imaginary) auburn and 4.56 gears out back (with disk brakes of course)
    -big fender trimming for 37" tires, 52" rear springs up front, crossover steering with hydro, hi-angle driverlines front and rear, rear would be a springer or echobit flip with the 6" shackle and 57" springs (again an axlewrap control device)

Blazer #3 would be a tube buggy to start doing the CRAZY $HIT too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But one mod I need for sure is a JOBIE-JOB, I need to modify my Occupation to something other than N/A or unemployeed /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif