Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If I keep this thing...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Jun 2, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What can I do to give it awesome highway manners? As in little road noise, good steering, etc?

Im thinking of getting a rubber matt in the back and then undercoat w/ sound deadener from Ziebart.

What about Sway bar? Do they make one for a 6" lift?
    Should I go crossover to help bumpsteer?

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if they make a sway bar specifically for a 6" lift, but I know they make drop down brackets to connect your stock sway bar to the leaf pads. As for bumpsteer, do you have a stabilizer? Those help a lot. Undercoating will definetly help with deadening noise, but you also may want to get an All Terrain tire, they make little to no road noise. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Bingo..nailed it on the nose. Also check all your weather striping for their condition. Air leaks can be so loud...

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Spray in bed liner helps. BigJBear has his 80 done and his was a lot less noise and a LOT less heat then my 75. Quiet exhaust as well. Tires are a either swap to some A/T deal or live with it.

Watson was working on a Sway bar with crossover but not sure he came up with anything yet. THat's been my major hold up. I pull a trailer and my truck without a sway and the trailer behind it is not a good combination. I have looked at maybe using a sway with some drop links like a Jeep has. Problem I'm seeing is finding one the right width that is stiff enough to do the job. If I could find one then I would do front and rear.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I have roll in bedliner. I dont mind the tire hum, just all the other noise, wind, road, whatever.
    I can't decide If I wanna cut it up and make it offroad only type or sell it or make it highway drivable which is kinda pointless due the burning all that gas at high rpm.