Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

if i remove a leaf????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5king, Nov 14, 2000.

1. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

was just having some thought's,,,i have an 8" superlift, and on the bottom of the spring pack there is a little leaf only about a foot or so long...if i remove this leaf wouldn't it give me a softer ride an allow my rig to flex a little more or would it do more harm than good..say add way to much axle wrap or something??i do plan on driving my rig daily (maybe) and on outing's to wheel...any ideas about this are welcome,
    thanx,matt

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    You can get more flex our of your truck by removing leafs, but dont pull one off the top or bottem. Pull a leaf out of the middle somewhere. Remember this will change your ride height a little as well. One leaf will go a long way when it comes to ride charectoristics.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think that little short leaf is the overload leaf, why don't you do what Steve did and just flip it upside down? It'll help with flex without altering your ride height.[​IMG]
    Man I think someone really liked your 'user' name, so now we have K5king and K5king2, I keep doing double takes trying to figure who is who![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

yeah i was thinking about doing the flip thing but i just wanted some other ideas...

and yes i have already (very politely)asked mr. k5king2[​IMG] to change his username i.d.,, man i was doing double takes for the first 10 minutes till i figured out what was going on!!!man that is really,really confusing!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]