Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If I use a 4" lift...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddin4fun, Feb 19, 2001.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

If I use a 4\" lift...

....would I go with 33's or 35's on a late '70's blazer body style? I want to do some rock crawling and I don't want to rub.

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

Re: If I use a 4\" lift...

<font color=blue>The question here is how much trimming do you want to do? Theres a lot of people on this site running 33" tires on stock with no rubbing. You can run 35s on a 4" lift if you trim a little. Usually the first place where the tires hit is the back of the inner fender. Once you get above 33", you will have to trim this area not because of lift but because the tire is bigger than the wheel opening. Look through the reader's rides section to see a few examples.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

If rockcrawling the game then ground clearance the name...I'd run the 35's and just trim the fenders...just my .02.

MY K-5 DOESN'T LEAK... IT JUST MARKS ITS TERRITORY.

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

While we're on the subject . . . What is the Best tire/lift combo for rock climbing? ( you dont have to tell me about axles lockers all that stuff haha)

[​IMG]

5. Re: If I use a 4" lift...

i run 35s on a 2.5" lift with hacked fenders. I don't rub but then again i run with my swaybar connected due to the lack of rockcrawling in my area. still i get desent flex. this is as stuffed as the front tire gets with the swaybar on. it works for me but as you can see any more flex and i'll hit.
    [​IMG]

78, 400/350/203, 3/4 ton, 2.5" lift, 35" BFGs