Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If I were a union member...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sickquad, Nov 3, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

....I would be very dissapointed with the Democratic party. On the surface the Dems say they are for the little people but they seem to focus on the gay marriage and abortion rights issues more than anything else. If a 14 y/o wants an abortion they don't have to tell there parents? That's just not morally right.

I grew up in a union household in Massachusetts and I see the democratic party in rough shape. Most of my friends and family belong to unions and they are all second guessing what the party really does for them.

It is as if the democratic party thinks everything is ok, do whatever you want, live how you want. They put no standards on family values and the fact that gay marriage is just not right. How will a child turn out from a gay household. We need standards. Standards keep us in check and make us work to be better.

John Kerry windsurfing? How many of you union workers out there go windsurfing?

Are there any union people on this board? What do you think?

To be fair I am a registered Republican but independent voter.

-Chris

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

From the electoral college results and the popular vote numbers I think you just summed up the average union working mans frustration with the Democratic Party. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Balhbeddy blah antiquated viewpoint