Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If its Man Made climate change..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by roadnotca, Mar 28, 2007.

1. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

..its "Gore, Al warming".:doah: :haha:

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good lord...

j

3. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Why is it this suppossed educated man can't seem to get the point that it hasn't been scientifically proven? infact it can't even be statistically proven enough to make it "statistically significant"!
    This guy obviously has some agenda to push and doesn't care how offbase he really is. The least he could do is back something that has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, for all scientists know now the climate changes that are occuring now is just some big 1000 year cycle. (thats what I think, but I have no proof either)
    I honestly have to wonder if he and his kind are not out to absolutely ruin the whole US economy and and turn us over to the terrrorists.
    the other problem with this bonehead is he is so full of himself that no one can have a conversation with him and get a straight answer, all he ever does is talk to hear himself talk, once again no scientific backing.
    The worst part of it is, I'm almost convinced that he knows of the manure he is passing off as truth and he expects us as the American public to gobble it up.
    It just shows how stupid he thinks the average American really is, and how he holds himself above them. We all should have a very bad taste in our mouths after hearing him. What an eletist asswipe

4. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

boondok, have oyu actually seen his movie?

5. BoondocK5

No I have not, I just have trouble beleiving someone who can pass this stuff off as truth.
    Lets assume for one minute that it was real that honest to god the earth is warming and the polar caps are melting, which I happen to beleive they are and the earth is warming.
    The difference between my beleif and his stuff is that I think that man has so little to do with what actually occurs in nature on a world wide scale, short of full on nuclear winter, that man cannot substantially harm the enviroment. and this guy wants to beleive that it can be when it can't be proven one way or the other.

All I'm saying is, until it can be definitively proven that man is the direct cause of the Ozone depletion and the polar caps melting, then Al Gore should tone it done a bit.

6. jekbrown

I've heard Albert Gore Junior's pack of lies so many times, I doubt I need to see the flick. Seriously... does anyone here really believe what this man is saying? Keep in mind that the same guy that says the internal combustion engine is the greatest threat in the history of mankind... and yet he is driven around in armored SUVs and limos all the time.... when he isn't flying his private jet or chillin' in one of his, very inefficient, mansions.

Seriously, Al Gore saying that CO2 emmissions are going to destroy the world is about as believable as if Warren Buffet told you that no one should invest in the stock market, because doing so will destroy the planet. :rolleyes:

The company that supplies power to Albert Gore's big mansion in Tennesse offers a "green power" alternative... where you pay slightly more per kw/hr but the power you get is obtained from wind, solar etc. Albert Gore Jr is not signed up for it... even though he has so much flippin' cash that it wouldn't even make a difference to his bottom line if he did. Now, does that sound like someone who honestly believes in his heart that co2 emmissions from man is destroying the world? seriously.

j

7. BoondocK5

And one more thing, Al gore's movie can no more be considered truth than, me saying ice cream is bad for humans. just doesn't make any sense.
    one, Al Gore made it, PERIOD, its Bias! ask any mathmatician if you can trust his statistics the answer will always be no, do you no why? because he has an agenda to push and can and will skew the facts to suit his own needs. it's purely a math problem to me, you just can't trust facts that are being displayed by the person who collected those very same facts. pick any upper level math text book and look up statistical significants. His stuff just does not hold water.
    It is Bias, it is skewed, and its twisted to ruin our whole American way of life. the only thing it really does well is attempt to make everyone who sees it feel guilty for driving a vehicle they enjoy, and of course makes Al Gore look like a real swell guy for pointing out to us that we are not smart enough to figure out that we are slowly killing our planet.
    Al gore is nothing more than a power mongering egomaniac.

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't remember where it was, but I read that one 100 megaton nuclear device would be more than enough to significantly change the planet's climate. Funny, because Russia ran a 50 megaton test back in the day, and nothing happened. :thinking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

9. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Like my daddy always told me..."Figures don't lie, but liars figure".

:haha::haha::haha:I smell a new sig line.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

10. jekbrown

i don't think lone nuke blasts are enough to "significantly" change the climate. Nukes blasts are huge compared to a human scale, but not on a global scale. The atmosphere is ginormous. If all the nukes were air bursts (ie MUCH less fallout than ground pounders), I'm not even sure an all out nuclear war would effect the climate all that much in the long term. Yes, it would have an effect... but the Earth has been struck by several meteors that were enough to kill off most of the big animals here... and yet now we have a nice thriving green and blue ball again. Despite what the enviro-wackos say about 'mother earth' being "fragile"... it is ANYTHING but. People/animals may be fragile... but the Earth will go on just fine, assuming our planet isn't completely blown into asteroids (like whatever used to be between mars and jupiter!).

j

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey fock all you guys Al Gore invented the information super introweb:D:haha: He said so:haha:

12. BoondocK5

I just don't know how any person with any education at all can take him seriously. His "facts" are not facts at all, just supposition.
    I'm noticing a very disturbing trend with this guy and liberals in general. That is , they want us to beleive what ever they tell us, as if we are not intelligent enough to figure it out on our own.
    Basically he is telling us we are stupid and uneducated dolts that need his/their help, if we are to survive our own greed and ambition. Doesn't everybody get it? He and his liberal friends view us all as stupid , uneducated, morons who are incapable of doing anything without his or the governments help.
    He obviously has some kind of omnipotent veiw of himself, much like most liberals have. I don't remember who said it but, they called the liberal mindset a "mental disorder". and I have to agree, by sheer definition alone, having an omnipotent veiw of oneself, over others is a mental disorder. next he'll be calling himself Jesus, savoir of the world. think about that for a minute...