Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If it's not one thing it's another....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, May 3, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

If it\'s not one thing it\'s another....

Most of you have probably read my post about the power steering pump bolt. So I was hoing the dumb $hit was at an end with that...But nooooooo!

My truck is sitting on jack stands at my gramps house with no axles under it. I pulled them the other day cause I'm selling them. So I'm sitting here at my house and I get a call from my gramps. He says my truck fell off the jack stands over night... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifARGHHHH!!!!!! When will it end!!!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: If it\'s not one thing it\'s another....

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i hope it didn't do any damage

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Was it because of the snow????

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I hope the truck is ok

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Ouch! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Dude, that sucks!! Hopefully there is no damage. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. Zeus33rd

Well...Things are not going right for me at all today. Went over there to check it out..1, possibly 2 bent shocks, 2 possibly bent drive lines, new dent/scratches in the door from it falling into the storage shed it was sitting next to. Plus it was pouring rain. So after scratching my head for a bit, I started trying to get it back up on the stands. Took me almost 2 hours to do. Sitting on the springs front and rear. So I got done, went inside to grab something to eat, looked out the window and it had fallen off the jacks again. I was too pissed off and irritated to think of putting some boards under the jack stands so they wouldn't sink into the gravel. The ground being soft from the rain caused that. I didnt even look at it again. Fell even further into the shed. Bigger dents and scratches in the door. Probably more bent stuff. I go through stages where I just want to sell the damn thing. I get so tired of working on it sometimes.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn dude. sorry to hear that.
    Don't get rid of it though. Yer a great source of entertainment when we're out wheelin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Gas it, Get stuck, Gas it some more, Hi lift it, get back in and gas it off the hi lift. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif what was that with 33's and open diffs?

9. Zeus33rd

Yeah...33's, open open, and 3.73's.

10. Zeus33rd

Well I got everything straightened out and back up on jack stands in the front. I had to put the 14b back in the rear though. What a circus it felt like...had to high lift the front up high enuff to get the jack under the bumper. Stacked up some blocks under the bumper and dragged it with the tractor back over to where it was supposed to be. This time I remembered to put some blocks under the jackstands so they would sink...Duh. Then IceMan and TopOff showed up. Got a good D44 from IceMan to give to a buddy. Did some parts swapin....TopOff got the flat tops from my old D44, IceMan got the hub/rotor assemblies and axle shafts from the old D44 and a True Trac as well. So it was a good day...Finally.

11. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Woohoo!! FLATTOPS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Zeus33rd

Haha! Flat tops=GOOD! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif