Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If MCI calls me one more fawking time....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jan 28, 2003.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

For the love of Jesus. I come home today and I have 13 hang up messages on my answering machine. They are all out of area. You know the ones where the telemarketers use the automatic dialer and you pickup the phone and say hello....hello.....FAWKING HELLO!!! then some retard comes on... Oh HI!! I can get you long distance rates for 5 cents a minute!! So I dont even have my coat off and the phone rings..its MCI. I dont care if Brittany Spears came to my door and shot nickels out of her a$$..(those words exactly...) I dont want to change my long distance plan....usually I would hang up on them but not today. 13 hangup voice messages from an auto dialer. I have no late bills, no other telemarketers call me..just MCI.

DIE MCI DIE /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Get a "Telezapper" from Radio Shack for about 30 bux. I got one and don't get hardly any calls left on my machine. I have caller ID also, and when I pick up the phone and see the unknown caller, I just answer and hear a zap and dead air. This thing tells their computer that your phone has been disconnected and will take your number from the auto calling list.

Sure works for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Also works from any phone including the one in the shop, bedroom, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Buy an airhorn.... I rarely get calls anymore after using mine to say hello to telemarketers... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I have a feature on my phone called "call interceptor" and it really works. If someone calls and has thier number blocked they have to give thier name and then when i pick up the phone I can see who it is before I decide to answer it. Most people won't leave thier name so the call never comes through. it is also impossible for computer dialed calls to come through.5 bucks a month i think.

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I dont care if Brittany Spears came to my door and shot nickels out of her a$$..(those words exactly...)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Id switch for that!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

also you can tell them to take you off their call list and by law they have to

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have a feature on my phone called "call interceptor" and it really works. If someone calls and has thier number blocked they have to give thier name and then when i pick up the phone I can see who it is before I decide to answer it. Most people won't leave thier name so the call never comes through. it is also impossible for computer dialed calls to come through.5 bucks a month i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody said that up above me, forgot who...
    anyway, i shouldnt have to pay anything for my own privacy.

as for asking not to be on the call list they have up to 30 days to not call you again. silly, but its true. on top of that after a year they can call you again.

i am BY far the wrong person to call for anything other than a friend, or co worker or responding to an ad i may have in th paper.

i dare ya to call. ATT got it last. i dont get many calls anymore. but when i do it makes me even more mad.

if they persist after you say no thanks, you COULD take them to court, but you would get 50 or less dollars.

small claims.

if they call you after the 30 days, but before the 385 day mark then you can get about 500 out of them. i have not taken anyone to court, but i might some day when i have nothing else better to do.
    he he, jus to be a dic.
    Grant

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

We had the same problem a few years back. My Wife told them what kind of a deal we were getting from AT&amp;T so MCI said they would match the offer plus send us a check for $50 bucks. So we said why not. Switched over and within a week we got a check for $50. A day later AT&amp;T calls and says they will give us a check for $50 to switch back to them so we did and low and behold we get a check from them. After spending the $100 dollars that we got from both the idiots we found a totally diffrent company.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK, yesterday after I got home I told the guy to quit calling me and take me off the list. He went on and on how great their rates are. Thats when I got pissed and went off.

THEN at 8:58 last night they called me again!!!!

I calmly ask the guy what I have to do got off of their calling list...

The FAWKER HANGS UP ON ME!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I am going to document every time they call me and I tell them to quit, then I am going to file suit.

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We have an Idaho no-call list that I got onto. Stopped all of that stuff. It was nice.

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

everynight almost like clock work...i get a call from freekin AT&amp;T cable or phone service...that is when i actully leave my phone pluged in....i have tried gettin off the cal list with no suscess...normaly when they call i just ask for their HOME phone number so i can call them when i am not busy...they normaly dont know what to say to that...and then the other night i kept screwin with one of em...she calls up goes on about what ever she was tryin to sell...i when she was done and asked me a question i was like "oh sorry i fell asleep could ya say that again" so she dose...finaly after the 4th time she said thank you sir and hung up...i figure if they are goin to waste my time i am goin to waste theirs

12. ShinnyHelmet

ShinnyHelmet Registered Member

When telemarkerters call me...i like to be their friend. I ask them questions before they start..like...where are they calling from, is this a part time job, (female) are you married? Are you happy w/ your marriage, ect....just play w/ em...it really does get fun.....get really personal...i dont get to many calls /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

My step-brother would put the phone to his ass and fart... not many calls...
    Another is to talk in another language to them. I like to start with spanish, so they'll call back in Spanish, then I'll switch to German. Man, they don't know what to do when you speak German!!!!

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I've done German before. They just hung up. Haha. I also like to yell in the phone really loud and hang up.

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like to do the stone cold special on them it goes like this
    them: blah blah blah blah
    me: WHAT?
    them: repeating blah blah blah blah
    me:WHAT?
    you can see it gets very annoying for them and they hang up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

**** that !! Get a Telezapper !!
    Less nerve racking and no heart attacks yelling at the phone. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I know what you're saying, my grandmother gets calls all the time asking if she wants to refinance her house....even though the mortgage has been paid off for 20 years!!!! Since I am not the "man of the house" I dont get to mess with them all the time. But when i do answer the phone and they ask for my dad using his full name, then its party time. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It usually goes like this
    "May I speak to (dad's name here)?"
    "No"
    "May I ask why not?"
    "No"
    "Please let me speak to the man of the house"
    "No"
    "Sir, please may I speak to (dad's name here)?"
    (right before they're about to hang up)
    "He doesnt want to talk to you."
    "How do you know he doesn't?"
    "Because he said, and I quote 'If that is a fawking tellemarketer let me talk to their b!+ch a$$' I dont think you want to talk to him."
    "Maybe thats true but may I speak to him?"
    "I SAID NO YOU DUMB MOTHER F%^#ER WHY DONT YOU GET IT!?!?!"
    click

good times good times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I think Saddam Hussein is president of MCI......

19. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

start acting like you jerking off and ask them to moan for you (male or female) always makes them hang up i swear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I pretend like the phone is breaking up. It is funny to hear then almost yelling into the phone before I hang up on them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif