Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If only I could afford another one

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am kind of leary about people who make a claim like this </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Do the homework on the motor. It's worth about $5000K alone!

[/ QUOTE ] The engine is out of a 1970 Chevelle SS. It has over 475 horse power! It is a LS6 454 !!!

[/ QUOTE ] but there is no mention of specs or any numbers......Hmmmmmmmmmm

An LS6 454 did not even make 475hp. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I guess it is quite possible and this guy is just really bad at selling his item.....................Nah, I think he is full of poop. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I e-mailed the guy to get some info on the $5000.00 LS6 engine. I will post his reply.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah, he should post some details on that one. I've been offered LS6 motors that supposedly came out of a '71 to match one but there isnt any such thing! Its amazing what people will claim.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just want another 72 K5 with a 454, sm465, and 1 ton axles. Thats what I had as my first K5. I'm still kicking myself for selling !!!!!!!!!!!!! But I just can't afford one right now.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

a LS6 dident make 475hp your right more like 500HP chevrolet rated them at 450 but everyone knows that all muscle car engines were way under rated for insurance.

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

auctually, back in the day of muscle cars, manufactureres would kinda stretch the hp numbers. they wanted all the customers to see how much it had, which is what a lot of ppl would base their decision on as to which car to buy. nowadays, everything is monitored and the hp numbers are more accurate

NITRO

8. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

The 428CJ Ferds were rated at 335hp but in reality they put out over 400 Hp. Rising insurance costs and drag strip advantage were the main reasons for underating. Would you tell your insurance man "actually my factory LS6 puts out 50 more HP than the manufacturer states?" Methinks not /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif