Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If u live around indiana and u wanna go on a mudding trip.....

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by NITRO, Jan 13, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Hey all. I live in frankfort and me and a few buddies will be going to the badlands in Attica, IN. The day is not yet posted but it will be sometime in the spring. If u want to see some pics and what we will encounter go to www.badlandsoffroad.com The price is $15 per vehicle. Please let me know if you are interested in going.

Nitro

2. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I f i get the Jimmy going by then, u can count me in.

live to wheel, wheel to live--1972 gmc jimmy 8 inch lift, 37" ssr's

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I was told that full sizes were not allowed in except for big publicized type weekends. I guess this isnt true?

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs

4. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

I have talked with the Badlands folks a few times about the fullsize rule and heres the deal!

Fullsize is 107 Inches and over, there is not width restrictions. BUT i can tell you from when i go down there with my Ford Explorer club that is you go with a K5 you are not getting out of there without body damage!

My explorer is 70" wide and the Jimmy is something like 79 and the trials are way tight in my X. So you make the call.

Personally i could care less about body damage as i am building my jimmy for mostly trials and like 10% road time!

Anyway if i have the Jimmy done in time you bet your ass i'll be there! I may even be able to see if the explorer guys want to run along also.

I forgot to put that we head to the badlands all the time.

79 Jimmy all stock right now. <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Commocozy on 01/16/02 10:22 AM.</FONT></P>

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Hey find out if your explorer club wants to go. I have quite a few friends with 4wheelers and dirtbikes goin. It takes a minimum group of 3 trucks in order to enter. This is in case if some one gets stuck. Also if n e one has or knows someone with some mud tires for sale let me know. At the moment i got shitty Courser tires that get packed with mud in 5 seconds. So let me know and get the word out.
    P.S. Where does everyone live?

NITRO

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Hey, I live in Frankfort too, but my ride is restored. Me and friend with an ext. cab 2000 dodge ram where thinking of going. If there's body damage I'm OUT! Sand=OK Mud=OK Water=IF'y maybe a few inches, but I'm a field hopper! And it seems a recovery vehicle.

Wasn't Me ~~Blazin~~
    Http://www.jjlaughner.com

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey have u been out to the city lagoons? me and a few friends r goin sat. if u wanna go let me know. my #659-3183
    ask for shane or leave me a pm
    NITRO

8. jjlaughner

Thats a federal reserve, don't get caught out there. They can take your truck, if that church or the houses around there complain. I'll pass this time! I might try the bad lands in a couple months when it warms up a little. My uncle takes his 6xamphibious vehicle out there and he agrees some of the trails are really narrow but some don't have anything around them.

Wasn't Me ~~Blazin~~

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I talked to Jake Meyers and Jason Albaugh, two local cops, and they said between the posted times on the sign it is perfectly leagal to drive there. Jake does derby's and drives there himself. So if ill be out there sunday.
    What color is your truck? do u live in town?ive only seen 3 other blazers in town a red, black, and dark gray one.
    NITRO

10. jjlaughner

Cool, I was told it was just a Federal Reserve/Game area. I still doubt I will be there, I'm working on a house. The dark Grey truck is mine. See my pic to the left?

Wasn't Me ~~Blazin~~

11. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Alright boys, here's the deal. We will be going around March 23-30. If you r under 18 (like me) then you can have them send you a waiver to have your parents sign and get notarized. We want to get alot of people to go to be the biggest pack there and rule the park for the day. So please find some people to go. The date isnt final.

NITRO

12. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Alright boys, here's the deal. We will be going around March 23-30. If you r under 18 (like me) then you can have them send you a waiver to have your parents sign and get notarized. We want to get alot of people to go to be the biggest pack there and rule the park for the day. So please find some people to go. The date isnt final.

NITRO

13. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Can't make it my ride is still in pieces.

<font color=blue>79 Jimmy. Pretty much stock right now but in a few months she will be all grow up</font color=blue>

14. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Hey como is it possible that u could get n e friends to go?

NITRO

15. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

NITRO! I am sure some of the guys i know will go. Go to ONANDOFFROAD.COM that is our local message board, and look for an Attica thred i know there is one on the Top and see if anyone wants to go.

<font color=blue>79 Jimmy. Pretty much stock right now but in a few months she will be all grow up</font color=blue>

16. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

HEY Thanx commo. I think we're goin March 23-24.

NITRO

17. ryan_nwu

ryan_nwu Registered Member

how many people do yall have going on this thing? that's the first weekend of my spring break so i might be game

18. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey, we have somewhere around 30+ trucks going. Plus, i think we have the trails open to us all night for night rides. its gonna b awesome. Its also the first weekend of my springbreak.

NITRO

19. ryan_nwu

ryan_nwu Registered Member

i'm def interested. sounds like it should be a blast. not sure what ill be driving then, but id like to get down to attica while im on spring break.

20. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

We will be meeting sometime around nine at the park on march 23. there will probably also be a night ride for those interested.

NITRO