Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

if we are already members what are we joining???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Jul 31, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

join What??
    i feel real confused
    not to say i have not grow used to the feeling
    i am married you, so confusion is par for the course

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

2. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Click on the link in Steve's post and you will find out what you get with the Membership!

Keep it simple!

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Everybody is a member It is just to help keep the site going .Members that pay a fee will get some special privlages and dicounts................Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I personally think the fee should of been at the most $10

I dont know about you guys, but times are hard these days especially for us in the IT industry. I personally can't afford the 25 bucks just to have my name in orange. Discounts are only valuable if you buy something from them, which I can't even do that right now. Sorry if I pissed off a few folks but thats just how I feel, and for the almost 2 years that I've been here getting and giving help, I feel that I can express my feelings and not be bashed for it. Thanks

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</a>

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Not bashing you. I am in a better position to give money right now. I Know a lot of people aren't. I have a few friends that just got laid off. Times are hard for a lot of people including Steve. That is wy we are like one big family. One person can help out and another can't. We all help were we can. One big disfunctional Family......LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

No problem Waxer, I understand about the IT thing believe me, anyway the membership thing is just voluntairy to help with the rising costs. I don't think anyone would bash you, we are all here to learn and have fun, thats the main thing.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I hear ya, but to me, thissite has saved me well over that much since I've been here ........to me, it's worth it to be sure it can continue !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man Waxer, I'd think if you were on here 2 years, and could honestly only afford $10 then Steve aughta give you a membership (and give a charity option to donate and extra buck when somebody signs up a membership to help people in your situation).

there is a destinct difference between 'can't afford' and '$25.00 is not worth it to me' so that would have to be determined by the user.

personally I would have paid a $50 membership fee, but that is just me.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well I don't remember us discussing this being a yearly thing, but I can deal with it, okay, just $25, a little more than 3 hours pay for me.

But, Steve, do you want my money or what? I didn't see any way to pay without a credit card.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

10. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

dont give him any ideas
    in my sleep deprived atate i might agree to anything

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

11. Waxer

Oh believe me, if I could afford it right now I wouldnt hesitate. I'm in the IT industry and have been out of work for the last 2 months almost. I just recently found a job and am playing catchup with all the bills I'm so drastically behind in. I'm not asking for charity, just wanted it known that I just can't afford it, no matter how much I support it right now. Thanks

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</a>

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I joined because at the time I can afford it. Also when I looked at the discounts I figured I will be paying Jess at high angle almost $700 for parts and with $70 bucks off it just paid for 2 years membership and then some. BTW Waxer I have been in your position more times then I can count so you get no bashing from me. I will say I hope things get better for you and just remember to keep [​IMG]ing.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

13. Waxer

thanks Wayne, feels good to have support from someone.
    Thanks to all of ck5 as well.

14. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Wayne,
    Thats pretty much how I look at it. I already saved ove $55.00 from Jess at High Angle Driveline because of this site plus the infinite amount of knowlage from all the people here, including Waxer, that is priceless. I had to join.

Waxer,
    I just wanted to say that I understand completely where you are coming from. Hell, it's hard to come up with the $$ for me even with having a job right and not being out of work in the near past. One more thing, If there is any bashing it will only be from someone who is a no good son of a B!*CH anyway. So it won't mean a thing to the rest of us here. Good luck Bro.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]