Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you can find it in your heart to help. PLEASE. Family could use some.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bablazer73, Feb 17, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

This is my Sisters husbands daughter. If there is anyway you can help, I know it would be appreciated.
    I fowarded the letter i recieved.

[​IMG] Dear Family, I am writing on behalf of Alison, a grandaughter, daughter, sister, niece and cousin. On January 20th Alison was admitted to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and diagnosed with an astrocytoma Grade III brain tumor. Alison will begin radiation and chemotherapy at the Kimmel Cancer Center in Philadelphia next week.

We all know her as a sweet, kind wonderful young woman that touches the heart of everyone she knows. She is hard-working and a good student who adores her family and friends.

A fund-raising event for Alison has been scheduled for Saturday, March 6th 2004 from 10:00 AM - 3 PM at the Brunswick Zone Deptford Bowling Center in Deptford, New Jersey. We are also, looking for donations (liquor, craft items, baskets, items that can be raffled). If you might have something you wish to donate, it can be dropped off at Claire Scheriff's home or mailed to her home address at 14 Hawley Road, Niverville, NY 12130.

The event is guaranteed to be fun-filled and for a great cause. Local celeb's will be there, possibly some guest appearances from
    a few Philadelphia Eagles???!!!!

Admission price is $20 and all checks can be made payable to the Alison Scheriff Brain Cancer Fund, c/o Fleet Bank, 1355 Delsea Drive, Deptford, NJ 08096 (856) 848-6661 or Beacon of Light Fundraiser for Alison Scheriff, c/o Brunswick Zone Deptford Bowling Center, 1328 Delsea Drive, Deptford, NJ 08096 (856) 845-4241.

We would love to see as much family there as possible, so please send this on to as many relatives of Alison's that I may have missed. And if you will be unable to attend and would just like to send an encouraging e-mail to her please write to
    alleycat3685@hotmail.com. God Bless you all and will see you on March 6th, which is also Alison's birthday!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have a friend with a young son in the same spot, it just isn't fair...

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: If you can find it in your heart to help. PLEASE. Family could use som

Dude. I am thinking I spent too much on parts But I will PayPal you 10 anyway and you give to her.
    Thanks for the freebie part that one time.
    Paul

4. bablazer73

Thanks Paul. I will make sure ANYTHING I get will get to her. Thank you very much.

If anybody else wants to donate cash or anything for the fundraiser. PLEASE let me know. I can take donations with my PAYPAL account.

hstelman@aol.com

5. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

bablazer73,
    I don't have any money, but my family will keep her in our prayers. My brother has the samething and has been getting treatments for the past 3 years. He actually had 2 surgeries, then radiation and chemotherapy was done last year. I know how your family is feeling right now.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats horrible thing to be happening to whom is im sure a great young lady, that sucks badly /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif all of us that have our health should be greatful that we have that and when i see ppl abusing their bodies by drinking and smoking and crap all the time constantly and seemingly never have consequences from it all piss me off because there are persons out there that have never doen any of that once and have a problem that is bad.

i dunno,,

i want to help with this, keep this post around so that when i can get a job landed hopefully very soon then i can help by sending something decent to try and help Alison out(with the costly treatment that im sure its taking) cuz i really want to but have no way to still yet unfortunately /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Bablazer, Im sending some dough. I just lost my grandmother to cancer so I guess Im just a little sympathetic right now. I'll send it to one of the addresses above, unless you are more comfortable with me sending it to you. Let me know please, and I will get it out the door today. I sure hope everything goes as good as it possibly can. If you want to email me, Im djohnson@shjlaw.com

8. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

Post the paypal account and I will donate!

9. bablazer73

paypal
    Just register there and Use my email address as it is also MY account with paypal.
    hstelman@aol.com

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

paypal check sent.. best wishes to alison and hopes for a speedy recovery

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'd like to donate a gift certificate for the raffle. Can you shoot me a p.m. of some establishments that would be good for out that way? I can order it online if they don't have the businesses you suggest out my way. I will also shoot them a letter of support as well.

12. bablazer73

Thats a great Idea. I will see What I can do.

13. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

I dont have any money, but I will pray for her and I will pass it on to my friends at youth group.

A close friend of mine had to go into the hospital last year with a brain tumor. He had something like a 3% chance of making it out. We got our whole church praying for him, after some weeks of recovery he doing great, doctors think it was a miracle.

Good luck, and I'll be praying for you, Allison, and her family.

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. oldbull

oldbull Registered Member

Alison will be in our prayers, I have a close friend that was diagnosed with something similar at 21 yrs old. That was 17 yrs ago. He still out works us all. Keep the faith. Trust in the Lord and this to shall pass. God Bless You and Your Family. Dave