Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you can watch Flight 93........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

.........and walk away without shaking with rage, you're a better man than I.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i havent seen it it Paul...but it looks good.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

...at the producers or the camel jockeys? (I haven't seen the movie)

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Brings to mind the quote from Ice Cube in "Three Kings"...:D

5. Can Can

The terrorists and those who supported them are the target of my anger. I swear to God, it's a good thing I don't fly anywhere. Let's just say I would react very irrationally from now on in if I got even a slight whiff of something that didn't seem right in the cabin of a jet.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen it, and have perhaps forgotten about how horrible the events of 9/11 were, you need to rent it pronto.

The film is VERY realistic, and VERY believable, and if you're someone who even remotely thinks that there could have been some sort of conspiracy surrounding the hijackings, you may change your opinion after watching HOW MANY PEOPLE were forced to endure the horror that developed that day.

6. mikey_d05

I haven't, and I never will.

7. Can Can

I'm willing to bet you have, if just a wee bit. You will, however, remember them clear as day after watching that movie, once the horror and anger take over again.

Some of you know the real me, and some of you don't. Had I been on that plane, I would have been the guy tearing the eyeballs from the skull of the first terrorist down with my bare hands. That's the me that came out while watching the final scene. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I scared Kim a wee bit...:doah:

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My cousin was a flight attendant for United at that time and was scheduled for the next flight out of Boston on 9/11. She and some of the other girls hitchhiked back to the west coast and she never flew again. She is deathly afraid of plains now........

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Then they win...

*edit*

10. Can Can

The last time I flew was when I went to Cali. to pick up Cam's truck. Let's just say that I was extremely vigilant the entire flight, to the point that I probably looked suspicious.....:rotfl: :rotfl:

If another flight get hijacked over North American soil sometime in the future and the 'jackers don't get taken down within 30 seconds, I'm gonna be extremely disappointed.

11. Can Can

Nope. They don't win at all. The reality is that the rules of engagement have changed, and people are gonna have to stop being victims.

Of course, I'm not a victim by nature, so it's not a big deal for me.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: :bow: Dood.....My kid thought you looked crazy...:D

13. mikey_d05

I watched as people were jumping out of the towers so that they could go quickly, I watched as they both crumbled, killing thousands of civillians and, firefighters, and police officers, I watched the aftermath, the ceremonies, the funerals. I broke a kid's nose and got suspended from my football team when he said that we were asking for it. I don't need a movie to bring back the rage, it's still here.

As one brother has already said, I won't forgive, and I can't forget.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Your kid is scarred for life! It's not everyday you have a flat top Canadian in your house. Has he spoken since that day:D :D

15. Can Can

Ah, one of the best parts of being young- Unbridled passion. You should have seen me when I was your age........:doah: :doah:

Regardless, Mikey, the movie will provide you with a little more insight into the events that transpired that day, and the confusion and frustration felt by those on the ground. The in-flight scenes will empty your adrenal gland, too.

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i will never forget that day Paul.my son was barly a year old.i was at work when i heard.and all i could think was i have to get to them.customers were saying " people are rioting in the streets".all i thought was people will be bouncing off my hood.I'M GOING HOME!!

17. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about it. I remember WWII era folks say that they could remember exactly where they were when they heard about the attack on Pearl Harbor. I always though that was odd to have something so engrained in your brain. I no longer think that way. I was on S. 3rd St, returning my tow truck to B&R after a night shift, listening to a morning show out of Portand Oregon. The guys on the show were known for jokes so when I heard the news I was half appauled at their 'joke' that morning. Then it hit me... I watched the news as it happened. I will NEVER forget that day.

Up to that point it was an unwritten policy to just cooperate with highjackers because they didn't want to die any more than you did. So you figured you were off to some remote airfield and they would get money or something and everyone would go home a little late. But that is not so any more. They take my nail clippers and my tooth paste away from me before I fly and tell me I am safer. I say let me take my .40 and an extra clip and I will feel safe on a plane. And if they won't let me do that. God help the first jackoff that trys to highjack a plane that I am on. I will rip his heart out with a spork before he can even think of getting to the cockpit.

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

fixed it for ya Paul.

first time i've ever flown was in September, and i happened to fly with 4 close friends, and 5 other guys that i work with. lets just say, had there been a hijacking, there would've had to have been at least 10 of them on the plane to have half a chance at accomplishing anything. we all got together a couple nights before we left, and were hanging around shootin the **** when hijacking came up (actually in attempt to scare me, since the thought of a crash wasnt working for them :rolleyes: ). we all pretty much said that if something were to go down on that plane, we'd do everything we could to stop it. good thing nothing happened, cuz it wouldnt have been pretty. turbans and prayer rugs flyin everywhere inside the cabin. :D

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i too remember exactly where i was, who i was with, and the first phone call i got about it. was my girlfriend at the time, she was all shook up about it. definitely a day i'll never forget my entire life, and i still to this day watch everybody around me when i'm in an extremely crowded place.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ehhh... that sounds familiar, except we werent gonna use sporks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.