Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you get broken into, what will you lose?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 13, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If anyone breaks into any of my vehicles, they'll find some garbage, and an empty hole where a radio used to be; that or a cassete player that doesn't work. Usually, my doors are unlocked and open for them, if they want to waste their time.

What would you lose?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tools, electronic stuff (CB, amp, cell amp, etc.) recovery gear/hi-lift, clothes and sometimes a pistol (and the center console I suppose). Of course, they gotta get past the alarm and the dogs or be real quick.

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

enough to piss me off

Alpine deck and amp, JL, Fosgate, JBL speakers, CD case, Cobra CB raido, 5' firestick antenna, an dif they have a screwdriver, a aluminum dash full of VDO gauges.

Music is a big part of my life, so i can't stand to drive around without good sounding tunes. Ireally need electronic locks...and an alarm. But until then, its just wishfull thinking that they wll break into the H2 or the BMW next to me, and leave the 73 camo chevy alone.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Bottles of Poland Spring and Aquafina water... I drop another half-full one on the passenger side floor after every commute.

Otherwise, just junk. Actually, you reminded me...I have a case of oil in the backseat I have to move...

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Alpine head unit, amp, speakers, XM, possibly more depending on what day it is. I had a stereo stolen from my car when I was in high school. I know there are worse crimes but few things make me more angry than when someone else takes my stuff. I worked hard for MY money and paid for MY things yet some (*&$#^&*^( thinks HE is entitled to it. GRRRRRRRRRR :angry1:

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Depends, if they break in at home or around town, jack crap; just misc tools, straps an OK stereo and assorted small parts and fluids. If it was at a trail head or somewhere like that; whatever I didn't take with me on hike/bike/fish trip, so I could loose GPS, FRS radios, big $$$ packs, tents, fishing gear, optics etc. I tend to bring the whole shebang with me and then figure out what I want to carry after I get out of the truck. They better hope I'm not still close by though as I am almost invariably packing a sidearm in those situations. ;)

7. aealliarmy

aealliarmy Registered Member

the only thing that i could possibly lose is my stock stereo and if they want it ill take it out for them. :D

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

My apartment is small so my truck doubles as storage...all my tools, my backpacking gear and a various assortment of crap are in it.

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

In a fence at work at home got a 27 dog alarm. Approx. 400-500 in tools if priced new, flash light couple cassettes and radio that was free to me with the cassette working, jug of oil minus what was used already. But most look at the truck and look the other way. Only body parts worth reuseing would be tailgate and stepside fenders.

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I can answer that one easily enough, because it happened about a month and half ago.

Click -->My blazer was robbed!

11. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I got to thinking about it and man I need to clean my truck out.

-2 toolboxes full of tools
    -several chains
    -jumper cables
    -couple tarps
    -sledge hammer
    -axe
    -couple of recevier hitches and pin
    -about 3 days worth of mail
    -clothes
    -22 rilfe and a saw off 12 gauage
    -enough ammo to supply a small war

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Stock stereo, CB, tools, straps, chains, flashlights, jumper cables....yea, all the standard recovery stuff, fluids, a dirty air filter, a crapload of CDs, and depending on the day, my surfboard, guitar, computer, books (I'm sure my calculus textbook is highly desirable) wetsuit, wallet, clothes, firearms, random truck/jeep parts.

So basically my life. :blush:

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

At night it would cost me a 12 gauge shell. During the day it would cost me some carpet cleaner, for when the dog was done with them. :grin:

14. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd be carefull about telling the world what you have for valuable's in your truck. Makes for a nice shopping list to a potential thief that might happen to view this forum.

15. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Sony Cd Player and Amp for Truck------ %500.00
    Window Tint to hide above items------ $200.00
    Alarm System------ $300.00
    Blowing a ****tards Brains out as he breaks into your truck----- F'in Priceless

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Some el cheepo tools.

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Thats true. Right after I posted this question, I was thinking "what if a theif from down the street of any of these people happens to view this forum and now knows exactly what they have." :blush:

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Not too much really.. but more than I'm willing to part with.

K5- Kenwood stereo, code scanner, LMC catalog, couple of CD's, Fire Dept coat, kiddo car seat, maybe a screwdriver...

97 K1500- More CD's, radar detc., hand held CB, (6) D cell maglight, stock stereo, (much more if they get into the toolbox)

01 Tahoe- More CD's, stock stereo, another flashlight, small socket set, 2 pair of headphones (for the kiddos rearseat radio), kiddo car seat, and depending how well they dig around in the rear seat area.. various old french fries.. fruit loops .. cheetohs and the like.. maybe a coco puff or two. :blush: :crazy: and probably a happy meal toy.

Theres no "street" to be down from me.. and the only ones close are family anyway. ;)

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well the way the legal system works, I would probably lose the right to bare arms... :crazy: ;)

20. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Kinda what I was thinking. I would definately lose about $4.00 in ammunition. As for the right to bear arms, in this part of the country it's worse to NOT shoot a thief :waytogo:

John