Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

if you live near I-84 in CT, through I-81 in PA help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Jun 4, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

As some of you know, John and I will be coming down to Paragon in August for Wayne & Donna's charity run...it's about a 6 hour trip from our house, and we are trying to find some "junk yards" on our way. I need a bunch of little crap that is only avail at yards, and since we dont have any good ones up here, I figured there must be some down there.

I REALLY need to find a blazer thats in horrid shape sitting someplace, that I can cut the roof off...I am hoping that there will be one at some yard, that is set to be crushed, and I can grab the roof before that happens..Preferably without rust/dents..on the roof that should be okay...Mine was fine until it came to rest one day on it.. The other stuff I need is just little stuff. rear window parts, dash switches, trim pieces etc..

anyone have any idea's where to go. I tried searching for them, but I don't even know where Hazelton is in comparison to anywhere else, so not knowing where I'm going to be etc..makes it kind of hard.

any idea's?

thanks!
    Brandy

2. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I am exit 32 off I 84 there are plenty of boneyards around here in bristol ct ( toms used auto) (ross used auto) (terryville truck parts) in southington (chuck and eddys used parts)..let me know where you are going and I will find you some more.............

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I'm getting on 84 in Hartford- coming down 91 from VT...Going on 84- till it meets 81, I think in PA? Can't remember but we went that way to Florida in March....

Do any of these places have the on-line service with their inventory listed?

thanks
    Brandy

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

There are a crap load of yards on the way to paragon, you can definitely find one around my area and Harry's You Pull It is the same exit as paragon, the yard is one square mile. I can get you a list of yards near me, I am near the GWB in NJ.

5. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I dont know about online listings your best bet would be to call them up and ask for the parts that you need .Hope this helps you out and have a safe trip...................

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Theres a small junkyard in NJ off rt 78 a few miles before PA. They had several decent K5s, the 87 I got my 31 gallon tank from had a good body from what I remember. But u-pull-it is a few miles from Paragon and is almost as big as the town I live in so they should have a roof too

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There's a small J/Y 50ft off of I-91 (I believe exit 18 but can double check) in Northampton Mass (Highway Auto Salvage), that had 3-4 Blazer's in good shape as of last October when I was there getting odds and ends of wiring harnesses and the roofs looked mint. If you would like I can call and ask what they want for a roof from one of them.