Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you loved me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Jul 6, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

You'd go get my dog back from the alligator. Story:

Charleston-NBC) June 29, 2006 - A man in Charleston is still reliving a horror he experienced Sunday afternoon. It started out as a relaxing day at the park with his girlfriend and her dog, but it ended in a battle against a ten-foot alligator.
    "I can't close my eyes without seeing that gator over Chance's head, it's awful."
    Jessica Turner says the full-grown gator grabbed Chance while he was in the water swimming, and started dragging him away.
    "I could almost grab him and I thought I'm going to die right now, and chance is probably already dead."
    But that's when boyfriend Brent Carey sprang into action, "I just ran off the bank jumped in the water and grabbed a hold of the first thing I could get a hold of."
    Brent grabbed the gator near it's back legs, causing it to release chance from it's jaws-but not without a fight.
    "Once we'd gone under the water once stuff started setting in - the sheer girth of this thing, it was so strong."
    But the alligator kept fighting, leaving marks from the struggle all over Brent's arms and legs.
    "When I came up it rolled again in my arms and I saw the head go back like this so I just let go and then it was calm nothing but me and the dog."
    At that point Brent says he grabbed the dog by the collar dragging him to the shore. When he turned back around he saw the gator close behind.
    "He almost got me. To tell you the truth now I've had some time to reflect it's scary."
    Chance did get a second chance, and so did Brent. Amazingly both got away from the gator with only minor injuries, but the whole event has left everyone shaken.
    "Chance is a lot more cautious now he's acting a lot different. I think we're both a lot more cautious."
    The Department of Natural Resources shot and killed the gator shortly after the incident.
    "They informed me that I should not jump on the back of alligators. I agree with that. The take home message is not to jump on the back of a gator."
    And also take caution near water. It's the summer season, which means alligators.
    "A ten foot alligator is something to reckon with, no doubt about it."
    Information gathered from the Department of Natural Resources last year indicates there has never been a documented case of a fatal alligator attack in South Carolina.
    But DNR receives more than 750 complaints about alligators each season. More than half of those complaints involve gators that are less than five feet long.
    If you come across an alligator, DNR officials warn that you should use common sense.
    They say alligators are most active around dawn and dusk. If you see one, call your local DNR office.

[​IMG]

My guess is that this guy won't be without for a good while. :waytogo:

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Damn Nigga!

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I think you need a comma in there! :haha:

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Thats ****in awsome, can you imagine how many BJ's rescuing your woman's dog from a f'ing aligator would get you?

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I would have guess at least two dozen

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

a day...

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

seriously it better be atleast 20!

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'm buying a dog..................then an alligator...................