Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you vote, here's something too think about

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you vote, here\'s something too think about

http://www.swiftvets.com/

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: If you vote, here\'s something too think about

**Disclaimer** I am not for or against Kerry

But at least Kerry served and there is proof he went for his required time.. That cant be said for Bush.. Hell, Bush(or someone under him) offered a reward for proof he served and they came up empty handed... The reward supposed started out at $2000 and then was increased to $3500! But no info was retrieved...

And the info about the "fishiness" behind Kerry's medals is false according to www.snopes.com..
    Link:CLick Here

Just thought both sides should be shown...

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I already posted a link to a newspaper article that has a fair telling of John Kerry's military background. Swiftvets is a Republican funded organization so that kind of throws their credibility out the window. Also, if you'll notice only two of the guys on that site actually served with Kerry. One was one of his CO's and the other was under him. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20040721-1117-vietnam2.html

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

This has been discussed quite a bit already, but...

James, the men on that site don't claim that Kerry didn't serve or serve honerably, their problem is what he did to sully the image of the other Soldiers in Vietnam after he came home (after 4.5 months of service), and also to point out that they saw none of the "instiutionalized" war crimes that Kerry somehow managed to see. They served in the same area, and that's all that's necessary to back up the claims they make. Did you even read the website?

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

He did not go for his "required" time, he got out in approx. 6 months, by no means a full tour of duty.

I think all of this is just a bunch of horse [darn] anyway, I'm not voting for president based on military record or lack thereof. There are actual issues to be considered.

I'm already getting sick of the name-calling on both sides, I wish both parties would nut-up and start campaigning based on policies and plans and quit digging up [darn] on one another. More people would be able to make a more informed decision if the candidates had an understandable communicable platform.

All this "George Bush is an idiot/Hitler" and "John Kerry is a billionaire liberal with fake purple hearts" is no way to decide the leader of our country.

6. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

How is over 5 years of flying a fighter jet not serving ?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How is over 5 years of flying a fighter jet not serving ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that you intended to reply to someone else, since I don't have a flippin clue what you're talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But at least Kerry served and there is proof he went for his required time.. That cant be said for Bush..

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he was drafted, he would have only served two years.
    So he dodged the draft by serving more years in a very dangerous airplane ?

9. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

You're joking right 82diesel? Let's see, 2 years in vietnam surrounded by Charlie or 5 years (debatable) flying a fighter jet around in the good old US of A? Hmmm which one would be more dangerous? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yes I have read it and in many of the quotes they state that his leadership abilities were questioned when he was in service. Yet only 2 served with or over him. How would they know. Also, I find it funny that they never saw any actions like Kerry described over there. I don't know about you but I have relatives that were over there and while they didn't see everything that Kerry described they did see some pretty horrible things taking place.

I do agree that his military record is a moot point. I think if the GOP would spend less time attacking his military record and character and more time on the issues dub would have the election in the bag. Conversley if the Dems would spend less time attacking Bush and more time on the issues and how they would improve things they'd have an even better shot of getting him out of the White House.

11. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Oh and P.S.

I still think Osama is going to mysteriously be
    A. captured or
    B. his body will turn up
    right on time to give Dub just the push he needs to stay in the White House. I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen that way.

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and P.S.

A. captured or
    B. his body will turn up
    right on time to give Dub just the push he needs to stay in the White House. I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have to agree with this comment!

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

All I can say is Kerrys "Action" in Nam is reckless to say the least. He beached his boat putting his entire command in danger so he could run out to shoot some gook! WTF?
    A compentent skipper would never beach his boat to enguage the eneny. Abandoning your command and leaving your vessel a target and helpless on the beach while taking enemy fire is not the mark of a good capitan.
    No wonder they granted Kerrys transfer of duty request to get out of Vietnam to a cushy safe desk job in New York after only a few months of active duty..
    He is a very dangerous man and Un fit for command!

14. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, some gook who happened to have an rpg and was getting ready to unload on another boat. I guess saving your fellow soliers isn't a good excuse to risk your neck. Whatever man. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

It's funny some people on here will bash Kerry for protesting vietnam yet forget about Bush's little pipe and bottle problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    It's funny some people on here will bash Kerry for protesting vietnam yet forget about Bush's little pipe and bottle problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

protesting while STILL in the service and your buddies are still "in the [darn]" is bullcrap. Additionally, kerry traveled to 3rd nations and met with our enemies to "negotiate" with them. Kerry accused every veteran who went to Vietnam of commiting war crimes, without any evidence whatsoever. Thats freaking crap, a VAST majority of guys who went over there and spilled their guts did so with the highest degree of honor/integrity. To just call everyone who went a war criminal is sickening. Aid/comfort to the enemy is bad... especially when you are still active service.

Im not gonna give Kerry ANY crap for things he did in vietnam, even though he admits himself that he commited war crimes. He was there, and he gets "cool points" for it. I do think he used the "3 purple hearts and you go home" rule to drastically shorten his time there... but other than that his service is a-ok in my book. The problem is what he did immediately after returning from Vietnam while he was still active service. Think about it, if some officer in the military right now was consulting with / helping / providing aid/comfort to Osama bin Laden... how would you feel about that? exactly.

afa the "pipe and bottle problem"... Ive never seen any proof that Bush was a crack head. He drank... so what? who doesn't? he doesnt drink anymore and thats good... but even if he did, do you have any idea how many great world leaders have also been known to hit the bottle.. hard... while in office? I'd almost rather have a drinker... after all, Hitler didn't drink. Same goes for being a slick public speaker... Id rather have a bumbling bush speech than a smooth clinton or hitler speech.

j

16. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and P.S.

A. captured or
    B. his body will turn up

[/ QUOTE ]

he's still alive and kickin /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Our government is in deep, there is so much corruption, money money money. If you guys want something to talk about do a little research on our president and VP, or better yet go watch Fahrenheit 911

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You need to wake up...

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    better yet go watch Fahrenheit 911

[/ QUOTE ] You mean the deception movie ??? The one with all the lies to try to make Bush look bad. Is that the movie you're talking about ??? I want too see it myself, but then again, I like fiction. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You need to read the complete works of lovecradt, Chluthu is your GOD worship him!