Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you want a true bolt on shackel flip bracket...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BozoWise, Jul 1, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I just got these from BorregoK5. They are a true bolt on design that requires no grinding of the factory bracket. Give him a shout. I have pictures of the install up on my webshots page (link below) These are a really nice product!

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have that same shackle flip sitting on my desk at home, waiting to springs sandblasted and painted to install, How much lift did it give you?

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I bought one too! I can't wait to install it! (Just need my new frame first.

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Near 7" and best of all got rid of the blocks (only 3" anyways but I hate blocks) Install was a piece of cake.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Your rig looks stout! Rear bumper looks like it could stop a semi! Were you using 2" lift springs in the back, there are a lot of people interested in running that combo.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Factory 1/2 ton springs that I rearched to original height when I replaced a broken leaf.

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

That re-arch really brought the lift back to life! I'm suprised you got so much out of them. Get that pinion angle shimmed and get flexed out so we can see it in action!

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why? Your rig isn't bad ass enough?

9. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

how much are they???

10. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Why? Your rig isn't bad ass enough?

What do you mean by this? I'm lost ;-0

11. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

I wish I had seen those defore I bought my 6" rear springs /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . What keeps the drop bracket from rotating and folding up?

12. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The kit runs $85 plus $15 s&h. I am however completely sold out again on this run. The next run will be around the middle or end of July.

BozoWize, Tim was just hassling me with that comment. Its all in good fun /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

CarolinaCustom, the bracket is held in place by a horizontal brace between the sides which runs flat with the bottom of the original shackle mount and would prevent any excessive movement like a rotation and collapse. The kit includes a 3" spacer tube which gets installed inside the original hanger where the shackle was previously mounted and the bracket is torqued down from 50-60lb to pinch it onto the original hanger. Since the force of the shackle is applied for the most part up and down, it is more than enough to prevent any movement.

13. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

THe flat bottom of the spring perch. They fit really snug and are really great brackets!!! Just installed mine tonight and can't wait to try them Out!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Is it just me or does the last pic in your flip album look a little tweeked????

Just worried about the wearing on the bushings.

Other than that they look good.

15. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The bottom of the stock hanger is not square, so the cross brace on the shackle bracket sits higher on one side which makes the shackle look to be mounted uneven, even though it is not. Good question though.

16. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I noticed that same thing after getting the passenger's side installed tonight. Looked like it might pinch the new bushings when flexed... but I will find out soon enough! I was waiting on parts from ORD - I also installed new greaseable rear bushings and Zero Rates with 1.5" offset.

I wish that my install had gone as easily as everyone else is reporting! I was in the driveway today in the 100* weather getting the spring removed! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Then my parts showed up at 6pm... so I got the spring reassembled after adding the Zero Rates and flipping the overload srping at the bottom of the stock 1/2 ton spring pack. Got that side firmly seated on the spring perch... and decided to call it a night sometime around 11pm! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Can't wait to get the other side done, so I can take the measurement for the rear shaft, and have it made by Wednesday night!

I'm hoping to get the truck DONE by the 4th so I can take the rig to the family party... and scare them all when I start offering free trail rides!

-Dan

17. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Hey Krazie why don't you just send one of theose CV rear drive shafts my way ;-)

18. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

where do i buy the shackle fliP? how much did it cost yoou?