Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you were going to buy a tranny.........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigMac, Jul 25, 2002.

1. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

If you were looking to purchase a tranny, specifically 700 r4, who would you buy it from? Why?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I would probably get it from Jet, since if I were buying a new 700r4 I would apparantly already have gone out of my mind, so I wouldn't mind spending a fortune on it /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . Seriously, the Jets are supposed to be very nice, but a good reputable tranny shop could probably build one just as nice for a lot less money. </font color>

3. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

So you dont think the 700r4 is a good choice? What would you choose? The 350 wont cut it.

4. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

A 700R4 is a great tranny and can be built for about $1500.00 by any reputable performance transmission shop to handle up to 500 lb ft of torque. Ist gear is 3.06:1 with a .70:1 Overdrive. Try Phoenix Transmissions in Ft Worth or Jet or TCI or Hughes... the price should include a converter....

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's not that I don't think it's a good tranny, I just don't like autos in general. I like the simplicity, durability and gearing of my 465. It seems like a common failure with trucks that are used hard are auto trannys. Sorry for injecting too much opinion into my response earlier /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color>

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Rossler Transmissions www.rosslertrans.com 1-330-530-5000

Why? They build great trannies! Last time I was in there I saw a large order on the desk for John Lingenfelter!

7. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

dont owe me an apolagy (hmm sp?) I was asking for opinions after all.