Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you were to buy a lift, wheel, and tires, where would you go?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wsudu, Dec 29, 2000.

1. wsudu

wsudu Registered Member

I have an 83' and I and going to put on a 4" lift. What is the best lift and what's the cheapest one to buy. Same with the tires. I had a guy here in Kansas quote me today for 4 Eagle 589's 15x8's and 4 - 35x12.50x15's Mud Kings with caps, lugs, balancing and putting it all on for about $1000 plus tax. Is that a good deal? Would you guys even use 15x8 wheels or does that even matter? Need some ideas before I go back to school. Thanks WSUDU

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

personally I'd go to discount tire for the wheels and tires. They price match and have an excellent warranty policy. No questions asked, kinda like craftsman tools.

For the lift, depends on what you're looking for. I went to offroad designs for my tuff country lift since they offer more of a package than TC direct for the same price.

Luck to ya.

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'd have to agree thta Discount Tire has really good prices and service. If you're getting new rims, I'd get 15x10s. The tires will wear and look better on them. I have a TC lift that I ot from TC, and i really like it. There are cheaper lift companies, but thats what I got that would work wit hmy rig for what I use it for. If you dont want to spend too much money, you could ge tblocks in the rear, but they will cause some axle hop, and springs are better.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

got a deal from national wheel & tire on a superlift 4" kit. very helpfull.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hey WSUDU, this is off the subject, but where in Kansas do you live?? You wouldn't happen to go to Wichita State?? If you do, are you in the DU fraternity?? I was a Kappa Sig at WSU, but for some reason, I was asked to leave WSU. Still haven't figured it out yet. HAHAHA About the lift and tires, your best bet would be to buy from a mail order place. I live in Wichita and the places around here rip your ass off!! I had an '87 Jimmy with a 6" lift and 35's. I bought all my stuff from 4 Wheel Parts.......which sucked my pocket dry, but a lot better than buying crap from around here.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

6. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Tires are matter of opinion, I'd reccommend a BDS lift system, tad high on the price but great on the wear and tear end....I like Pro-comps MT's IMHO

3nails/4wheels
    White Knight

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author