Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If you were told today that you had one week to live.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

would you feel like there is so much you want to experience....or would you feel like you've REALLY lived?

I personally have followed all my dreams...so would I would feel very comfortable with my accomplishments.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'd deny it and load up every heinous item I own and across the country

I digress

I'm happy, it's so easy to be happy, but I would regret not finishing any of my books

I'd miss boobies too.....

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I do and would feel like a big oil stain on the garage floor of life.
    poor in money, rich in children. guess it could be worse, I could own a BRONCO /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I would crawl up in a ball and sleep.
    Theres so many things I would have missed if life ended in a week. Fock, im still in school /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

There is so much more I want to do before I die and so many more goals left on my top 100 goals list to accomplish, but all in all If I was told I had one week left, I would spend it holding hands with my old lady and hugging my children spending every dime I had left in the bank on them. And yes I would be content, not willing, but ready for the big "D", buried with a smile knowing I did right in life for my family.

Michael

PS This is a serious post right? Cause that is a serious answer. I think about "what if I die" all the time. I'm trying not to, but I can't help it. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Man, are you introspective tonight or trying to subtly tell us something??

[ QUOTE ]
    I would spend it holding hands with my old lady and hugging my children spending every dime I had left in the bank on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took the words right outta my head.

I think my appetite for Comedy Central may have just deflated.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'd go around giving all my stuff to family and friends, spend what little time I had left with them, and maybe spend the last night with a very good looking high class hooker. That way I could be cumming and going all at the same time, you know, go out with a bang, LOL.

8. sponsoredbydad

sponsoredbydad Dune Slaying Sand Junkie Premium Member GMOTM Winner

NOT QUITE READY, KIDS STILL NEED A DAD. AINT HUCKED A SAND RAIL OVER 50FT, DUDE THAT'S A TOUGH ?????? TOO DEEP TO EVEN WANT TO HAVE TO PONDER OVER.

9. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

theres still so much i havent done....

never wheeled moab, rubicon, tellico
    havent done an indo surf trip
    never skydived
    never met that "one" girl
    never voted (gonna changed that come november)
    never played on-stage at my own show

boy do i have some ambitions..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If I only had a week left and knew it, I'd accept it as my time to go. Dying in this life doesn't scare me at all, cause I know what comes after. Though I'd regret not doing evrything I've wanted like finishing all my projects, having a wife and kids, and having my own business.

I'd figure out which friend should get what rig, do alot of last driving around in the woods, and talk to some of my friends and be real blunt to them about certain things (tell them those things that they need to do to help them live better lives, things that just make sense in my mind about how to get along better with people, dropping bad habits, and acting more moral).

And lastly, I'd have to go hit on a hot girl. Just to see how she'd react... test out all that "charm" I've been saving up.

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

My wife's cousing about a week ago was given six weeks to live. They called the immediate family to the hospital tonight. That is a short six weeks. I don't really know here side of the family that much so its difficult to know how to feel. I mean to say I feel bad for them but I won't miss him cause I never even met him. My wife is pretty upset so I feel for her.

If it were me that only had a week left I would suddenly have to kick it all into high gear. I've got some things that I just can't leave unfinished. I don't think I would let my kids go to school either. They'd have to kick the learning curve into high gear and learn some things before I shuffled off. God willing I'll be around a while yet.

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I feel like I have used every second God gave me. I have been places and done things and met people that made me who I am today, and I like who I am. I'd probably sneak into Iraq and kill me some Hajis.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd just take my truck somewhere and beat the piss out of it until there was nothing left. Nothing else in life really makes me happy anyway so that'd be good enough for me.

14. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I am only 19 and still in college so I can say that it would really tear me up to be told that. From the point of all my family and friends and my awesome dog, to not getting to accomplish all my goals I have. Yeah way back when my g-paw was given a 2 month diagnosis. He held in for 3. Man it hurt, and I wouldnt want everyone else to go through that over me, but I guess everyone needs to grief.

Remington

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i would find a P-51D Mustang and go fly it till it ran out of gas. I have always wanted to fly one of those, my hero is Chuck yeager he flew one in WW2 /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

16. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The only regret that I would have is not getting to meet the man my son will become.

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd regret not doing evrything I've wanted like finishing all my projects, having a wife and kids, and having my own business.

[/ QUOTE ]

all thouse 60s eh /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

i would not be regreatfull, i wish i could be there when my son is born but...
    i would go north and prep this huge rock 100 feet above a secluded lake to burn my body on /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

18. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ive enjoyed my life as a policeman... retirement was fun for the first year now its boring...
    Id love to be healthy strong and back in a black and white...

but

if I had one week left I would......

see if O.J. could outrun a k truck

force feed French Pres Chirac bagels until he,,, you know

take a couple of suitcase nukes to pakistan, saudi arabia, iran, syria or some other nice place... for this I would be happy to give up an extra day or two or that week

would give my trigger finger to Laci Petersons family

spend 24 hrs at the mustang ranch, closed in my honor, with all the girls they have until made me not be able to walk

give every material possession I have away

make my peace...but still kick and scream and not give up hope

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Then again, if I only had a week to live, I wouldn't make it to my 21st birthday and I wouldn't be able to buy my new USP.

20. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, but you only have a week to live. get your "tool" (brick, for those of you who havent seen Gone in 60 Seconds), drive to a gun store, and use said "tool" /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

oh, and pick one up for me while youre at it. i want it in .45 ACP, the tactical model /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif