Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If your a Ham, What type of Communications you like ???

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 88Silverado, Jun 14, 2004.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Guess Ill start, Im mostly into HF DXing. 95% is CW then SSB and RTTY. I run a DX Packet Cluster from my house with two 2m user ports, a 440 user port and a 2M voice DXAlert broadcast backbone connected into a WW server.

I run 2M in the vehicles and as much as I hate to say it, I have 11M in the Blazer also /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Heres my Webpage KR6C Webpage

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

I love my HF rig. Kenwood TS-850 I always get reports of great audio.
    Of course I have the Two meter and 440 equipment in the cars, tucks and at home. My handheld is getting old and the batteries are getting rare.
    My pride and joy though is my Tower. Free standing Trylon 88 feet at the top of the tower and the packet antenna is just over 100 feet at the tip.
    A hygain TH7dx also sitting up there. It has seen wind that pulled the corn stalks out of my garden.(That was scary)

Don't knock a CB. They are great on the road.
    What about FRS on the trails. The radios are nice and small and now I have seen permanent mount mobile and base radios.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Mainly 2 meters now that I am getting back into the hobby. Very useful in the woods when CB's cant talk from the front to back of the line.

4. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I run HF, 2 meter and 440 at home. I have 2 meter and 440 rigs (Kenwood TM-700) in my custom van, K5 blazer and my S-10 blazer.

Phillip KB4I
    TK5