Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If your near Colorado Springs!!...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Dec 21, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003
    You are lucky!..I'd love to be there this week...(except for the snow!)..

If anyone wants to see a great Christmas concert,go to the Broadmoor Hotel,and see Suzy Bogguss!...she's a great vocalist,very attractive,and sings like an angel..heard from several friends who saw her shows in VA and MD over the weekend,and they were all very impressed with her!..I've been a fan of hers since 1988...she has several dates there this week!..

I went to Kathy Mattea's Christmas concert last saturday night in New Haven CT..had a great time,got to meet with her after the show!..she's another great voice with lots of talent..Suzy lives near her in TN,they are best friends,and really nice people..you wont be dissapointed if you go see either of them,both are wonderful entertainers..:laugh:
  2. Lucky

Lucky Registered Member

Dec 1, 2006
    I do live near Colorado Springs.

And I am Lucky.

But we're not going anywhere this weekend.

The plows are scheduled to come out east, maybe on Saturday, as they are too busy in the city.
    The initiative to fund more county plows was voted down this year, so the county funded plows continue to augment the city plows, until their streets are clear.
    Due to the high winds this time, the drifts are not bustable with anything but a tracked vehicle.

Even the county sheriff's snowcats had trouble getting into Falcon, Peyton and such.

Oh well, you gotta love it, and BBQ.......:haha: