Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IFS easy to work on!! with or with out power tools!

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 89K1500Chevy, May 16, 2003.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yeap i was thinkin of selling my truck but then i was like no thats stupid i anit doing that id rather just by a street beast truck and have my offroad beast. I was going to sell it cuz the ifs leaking and it was running like [censored]. I think that was just some bad gas so instead i put it on the lift and dropped the ifs in about 4 hours with 2 20 min breaks. Replaced a seal and put it all back up in 1 hour. everything is so much faster going back on and after you know where everything is from taking it out. so thats all good now not leaking then to test it out i got a call from shawn saying dustin is stuck and almost rolled his truck when the mud caved in underneath the front right tire. The smaller trucks(yota,rangers,jeeps) never learn to take a fullsize out there incase they get stuck. Ive had to go pull them out so many times im like a offroad tow truck. I also took out the stablizer bar b/c it was shot anyway and the truck does fine taking turns at 50-70mph not much if any body roll. Also took the dual elect. fans out in place of a hi po clutch fan with 7 blades. Im going to put the big elect. fan back on just for use offroad to make sure its all cool. IFS /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

glad you got it fixed. what all did you remove?

3. 89K1500Chevy

everything the cv's,driveshaft,ifs diff., the whole ifs unit.its actually very easy just like 6 bolts and 2 plugs for the 4wd and the cv's. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

6 bolts eh? Well lets see, 6 on each cv, thats 12, 3 holding the ifs diff ot truck, thats 15, 4 bolts on u-joint... thats 19... Hey! Thats more than 6! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 89K1500Chevy

Yeah i didnt mean the cv's included in that just whats holdning the ifs diff. in place!!!! you got the 4 on each end then the 1 bolt bottom and 1 bolt on top!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

ohh yeah, all that stuff is easy to take out - did it for my lift. its the cutting, drilling, grinding, torching, lifting, then putting all back together that took forever /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. willyswanter

Yeah that looked like alot of work so I just left mine out...

8. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. willyswanter

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif