Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IFS lift

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by ChevyHuny, May 30, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I already posted this is wanted but since this is the place where IFS drivers would hang out I thought Id give it a shot.

Im lookin for a lift.
    6lug,
    4inch or 6 wichever comes up.
    Shocks are optional
    Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I will have one within the next month or so. Its a 4" lift just about brand new. Its on my dad's '95 Silverado. It was put on from factory when he bought the truck in '95. NEVER offroad, VERY clean (the truck is his baby/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) Will have shocks and he even has a NICE skid plate for the truck (like brand new also) The truck only has 35,000 miles on it and is just as clean if not cleaner than the day he bought it. If you are interested, shoot me a pm. Thanks! Mychal

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Hey sorry i havent gotten back with you sooner but been really busy.Ive still got that pro-comp 6" Lift for sale.Ive not yet gotten the shipping deal thing worked out but if your still interested We can work out the details!It comes complete with shocks and brakelines!600.00 plus shipping!

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Ive pmed you 90blzr.

Muddog, I have some other questions about the lift like how long you have had it on your truck. I can tell you if I want it depending on how much shipping is. I can get one locally for 799 with shocks new . Thats a 4inch lift wich is fine with me too like I said whatever comes along. I definatly want to go cheaper then 799 for a used one. Or close to that for a 6 (used). You can email me whenever you get the info, im just taking things as they come along to me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

just for a estimates sake, it cost $70 to have my 6" IFS lift kit shipped. I don't remember if it was ups or fedex.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Ive been trying to figure out shipping for the longest time. Thats not too bad. How far was it shipped?

7. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

it was shipped from Washington state to Corpus Christi, Tx

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thanks so much, this will help me out. So fed ex or ups. Ill try to find out wich one. How much do you think it weighed?

9. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

hmm, that's a good question...I wanna say it was close to around 100lbs. I had about 4 or 5 different boxes.

10. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Well i had the lift on my truck for about 2 years.I had recently built a 74 1 ton and havent drove the 91 for about 8 months now so.........................................................The only thing that is wrong with the lift is the upper control arm drop brackets.When they were installed on my truck they didnt shim them correctly and the bracket itself had cracked.I immmediately called pro-comp and they said to weld the brackets up and whenever I got a chance send them back and they would send me a brand new one.I havent sent it back yet but I sure can and will for anyone thats really interested.The brackets were professionally welded and are very strong but I know if I was going to buy a kit from someone id want it to be perfect.Well thats why Im selling it for 1/2 price of a new one.If that bracket wasnt cracked and welded Id probably sell the kit for more because at 1200 brand new its hard to take a 600.00 loss ya know what i mean?Anyways i would venture to say that it weighs about 100 pounds...........Let me know if you are interested....