Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IFS lifts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Apr 17, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alright on full sized chevy ifs does the lift kit move the upper A arm. Im asking becouse on another board it seems like there will be some pooling of resorces going on to start fabricating chevy luv ifs lift kits. Just looking for what parts are replaced and what kind of brakets come in an ifs lift that way we just need to scale it down. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

fabbing an IFs lift?? hmm, call me a party pooper, but i'd hate to be the R&D test truck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

anyway, some lifts add an upper A arm drop bracket, and other kits leave the upper A arms alone and opt to build a taller knuckle. you gotta remember that a new drop bracket will have to be within really good specs and angles as they are also slotten to adjuts for alignments.

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

meh dont owrry if i make it there will be a good test truck. Some one is selling a luv whith no running gear for $50. If i get around to it ill buy it for the guinne pig and then just tow it whith my f-150 for road tests and what not. Not the most efficeint method of testing but i think its a bit safer that way (if something brakes my f-150 will be the first thing in the way /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)