Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IFS to solid axle swap kit?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by AJMBLAZER, Mar 6, 2001.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Stephen, I talked to your dad at some length about this back in October. He said you guys had just gotten all ready to start on it, and then the owner of the vehicle/guinea pig decided not to go through with it. So it seemed like the plans for it fell back a bit then.

I'm just wondering what the future plans are on this? I would buy yours over anyone else's. I like that when I talk to you or your dad on the phone you treat me like a person, not a walking wallet, like some other shop with a solid axle swap kit.

<font color=blue>AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHCCCCCC--ORU-----HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font color=blue>

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 2.5" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We recently picked up a 92 sub that we plan on using for a test mule, but to be honest, we're not going to be taking on any projects that size till after easter, and maybe after TTC. We are kicking around some of the details, like what to do with the transfer case being on the wrong side. We may have to get into swapping tubes on housings or something. That's a little beyond what we do now, but it's a major stumbling block to the swap. Ford housings don't exactly grow on trees like GMs do.
    Thanks for the attaboy! I started as a customer, and still am on a lot of things, I try to keep that in mind.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Cool, I'll tell you how putting the 1" add-a-leaves in the 88+ spring packs went when I am done. Looks like the hole is going to be the right size, just wondering about the centerpin head size. Do you think that will matter?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 2.5" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It needs to fit reasonably tight in the pad. Really, all it does is help line up the pack on installation, once the ubolts are tight, it can't do anything but sit there. Usually, they're withing .030 or less.
    SW

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD