Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ignition advance system not working

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by weisel, Feb 15, 2002.

1. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

My HEI system has a snag in it. The little weights that throw out from spinning around at a certin speed, and make the spark advance by rotating that little peice of stee. Well, that little peice of steel is stuck to the rest of the distributor, so it dosn't turn a little and advance the timming. My questions are: How far is it meant to move? How many degrees is it meant to advance the timing? How bad does it hurt the performance? And should I set the timming a little more advanced to compensate?

No, thats not a dent in my truck's body. I call it my truck's armor.

2. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

ttt

No, thats not a dent in my truck's body. I call it my truck's armor.

3. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

the advance will only move as far as the hole the pins go through(the pin the spring hooks to)I have had ran in to this befor and wd40 worked a few times and I also had to pull the dist all a part to free it up if you use wd40 let it sit and work it back and forth. hope this helps. mike m <a target="_blank" href=http://mikes77k5blazer.rockcrawler.com>my k5</a>

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &amp;,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mdm365 on 02/17/02 04:07 PM.</FONT></P>