Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ignition caused a small fire.......going to sell for sure now.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Aug 16, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Tonight I went to leave my fraternity and when I went to start my truck, I turned the ignition to start it and all of a sudden I smelled burning and no cranking. I tried again and immediately I noticed flickering under the dash by the fuse box. I put it out......a few of the rubber wire covers got hot, melted, and started to burn. Now I have to get it towed to the shop to have it fixed and most likely it's going up for sale. I'm going to have to clean it up a little, but I seriously want to get rid of it. This time it isn't because it's broke. This is rediculous. It's just getting worse. I want to get like an '86 or so, because I can do more to the engine and stuff. It's a great truck and hate to see it go, but I just can't afford this!! HAHA Later guys.

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

2. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

what a mess....what year is your present k5?....i used to have a 90, and now i have an 84....i could tell you the differences from my experience of having the 2.
    Kelboski......your luck will get better

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Your luck is just getting worse and worse. I saw you around town a few times earlier this week though. Sorry to hear about the fire. Any idea on how much it will cost to fix?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

BOOOO !!!
    dont be a quitter!!!
    I just paid over a grand
    to have the tailgate stop rattling...

did you recently install any aftermarket items???

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I think I might keep my Jimmy after all. One of the guys in my fraternity has a 14 bolt 1-ton rear and he said he would sell it to me for $100. All it needs is new axle shafts. It's in excellent shape. That's cool becuase I'm going to buy some of those cut-out fender flares and put my 3" body lift on, so I can run 39.5 Boggers. Since I'll have the heavy axle to do it, might as well huh?? Thanks for the help. Later.

Oh yeah, this guy that has the axle, his Jeep has a 383 Stroker in it and has 1-ton Chevy axles and it has like a 10" lift. It's pretty amazing......he's still in the process of getting it completed though. He plans on running 40's. The lift is pretty cool too, all suspension, spring over, new springs, and shackles. That's all.

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]