Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ignition module malfunctioning?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87project, Jul 27, 2002.

1. 87project

87project Registered Member

if the ignition module was malfunctioning would a sympton be going dead while driving or putting it in gear after it warms up? (alot worse on hot,humid days)any input would be greatly appreciated. 87 Jimmy 5.0 TBI

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

modules will act like that when they are going bad.. Most auto parts stores like Napa, Autozone, Checker, ect.Will test them for you if you pull it out and take it down to them.

3. kchecca

kchecca Registered Member

Yeah, sounds familiar. Just did mine about a month ago. Acted like the fuel pump was dead. Stumbled in gear a bit and real rough idle, then finally just died and wouldnt start at all. $40 at Napa and 15 minutes, once I knew that the module was the problem.

4. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem on my 87 but it was the water temp sensor by the thermostat. Just my 2 cents..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif