Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ignition Mudule???HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Jun 12, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well I got a rescue call yesterday to come and pull a Jeep out of a mud pit down the road. well went out and pulled him out and played a little bit myself and come on home, no biggie.

Well get in the Jimmy and go to crank it to go to work this morning and it wouldn't start. Well I took the wife's van to work and come home and got to looking at why it wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire.

1. Fuel- it's getting in there
    2. Power to Distributor- checked it and is good.

After checking this, I am beginning to wonder if maybe my module went out on my distributor. Is there any way to check this thing?

I have pulled the cap and the rotor button and the cap look fine to me, I though maybe some condensation got in tere but that wasn't the case.

Any ideas out there you might have, I am all /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

James

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Pull the coil from the cap and make sure there is no water or moisture in there as well. I had this happen to me and fought it for several hours on the trail before discovering it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It can be a few things. Bad pickup coil, bad coil, bad module & condensor. I can't tell you how to test each component unfortuantely. I always just popped in spare parts until it started.

Harley

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am going to break out my spare distributor today and start replacing various parts until it starts. Just hate it being parked and not able to run, especially when it has just rained and the pits are calling my name.......

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You can take the module to VatoZone and they can test it there, although it's a little shady IMO. I went through 3 modules from the 'Zone in one week and then I got one from Advance Auto and never looked back... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif