Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ignition problem(can you guys please help me out)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big_bad_blazer, Mar 15, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

ok hear we go i was trying to hook up a tack . from the tack i hooked up the ground witch was black and i grounded that. i hooded the read wire to the 2ned ignition spot along with choke. and then i hooked the green wire to my front clip on my distributor. not the bat one but the other one. i had it running wile i put the green wire on in and it died on me . then it would not start. i put everything back the way it was and it still would not start . i grabbed a hold of the distributor hoping for a shock but nothing could you guys help me out please. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: ignition problum

Sounds like you shorted something out in the Distrubtor. If you wern't on the other side of the state, I'd be happy to come over and take a look.

3. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

Re: ignition problum

ya i mite have but what would have i shorted out or what is it that i messed up. could any one of you help me out

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check your fuses you may have blown the ign fuse.
    Do you have points? or a module? If you have module it may be fried. Many auto parts stores will test them for free if you pull it out.