Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ignition problem, need help ASAP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 21, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I broke down 3 weeks ago and i was trying to find my problem...i had a ghetto rigged rotor button so i replaced the cap and rotor. Nothing. I noticed im getting no spark to my plugs. What should i do? I want to hit up autozone tomorrow, I really need my transportation back. Oh its HEI too.

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm....Do ya have 12v goin to the "BAT" terminal on the distributor? Take your coil and ignition module with ya to Autozone and have them tested. If ya didn't know, the mudule is underneath the rotor. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen it be as simple as a bad wire going to the batt. termenal on the distributer. Check the wire to see that you've got power to it with the switch on. Check in the cap that nothing got broke, I've had that one befor and it drove me nuts for 2 days trying to figure it out.