Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ignition

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BSav, Dec 24, 2002.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

HI, I am preforming a tune up on my stock 88 TBI 350,v8 GMC Jimmy. My question is, is it points or HEI? I would like to replace the coil while doing my tune up. I am pretty shure it has HEI but I may be wrong. My plans for the tune up are Delco platnum plugs, accel8.8 mm wires, and an accel super coil, and filters (Fule, Air, etc). Does this sound good? Any of any bodys 2 cents would be appreated.
    Thanks
    Brian Sav
    88,Gmc Jimmy,stock 350, chrome wheels.(makes it go faster)

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Yes it's a HEI
    As for the other stuff I would go with MSD Coil, Cap, Module.

Eric

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Just make sure you get the remote coil. Not the coil in the cap.(old style HEI)
    Also MSD makes a lot better wires and coil than Accel.I'v used both and am happier with MSD because they are a lot better quality.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I like the MSD wires too. Coil is probably fine though. I like the AC platnium plugs. K&N air filter are nice too. AC has a new filter out, something like duraguard gold or whatever the name is. The filter will be black. It has synthetic media and really does a nice job.