Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'll Have More Ridealongs If..................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

They continue to bring the good Karma to me. Most weeks, it's a boring buzz of driving around, making a few stops here and there, in a vain attempt to be at the right place at the right time. I've gone weeks without calls.

Last night was the first time I had a ride along that wasn't a cop buddy. 19 year old kid that races the same nights as my brother. I took four calls last night. Two 911 calls, both times I was at least 10 minutes driving time (that's 120+ for about 9 of those minutes), one accident which ended up being almost 10 miles into another county, invaded the Republic of Texas for the better part of an hour (missed my turn and got lost :D ) and we got to meet some half-backed, hippy anti-war activist walking across the country getting signatures on petition against the war.

Things I learned about civilian ride alongs:

1. When they need to be home around midnight cause they go to work at 7:30 the next morning, have them prepared for the fact they are probably going to be getting home about two hours before they have to be at work.

2. When contacting the hippy anti-war hitchhiker, your ride along appreciates the fact that the cops have video cameras and body mikes; hilarity ensues.

3. When contacting the hippy anti-war activist, make sure you partner refrains from talking politics while you are trying to talk to dispatch, hilarity ensues.

4. And last but not least, make sure your radio mike is nowhere near your ride along because the rare moment of driving Code 3 going around the corner and you feel the need for a "yeehaa," your ridealong inadvertently keys the mike and someone somewhere is going to hear you and since you are the only one running with sirens, everyone will know who is "yeehaaing."

:D :D :D

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Please to describe the hilarity ensues parts? Sounds like a good time to me.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

It's kind of hard to talk on the radio when you're laughing your ass off.

:D :D :D

4. justhorsinaround

So this guy was walkin across country like Forrest Gump jogged gettin folks to sign his petition? Did he have a lot of signatures?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Peacewalker

Yeah, he had a few signature, probably maybe a couple of hundred. He was a riot. :D

6. justhorsinaround

He must've been either incredibly bored or astoundingly incensed by the war. I know I wouldn't want to walk across the U.S.

Hell I don't like to walk through the mall. :haha:

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Deff00's son, Bullet here:

I am currently doing an internship with the local PD here in Abilene, so far I have completed 70hrs. I have had a blast, and I love every second of it. I work the full 10 hr shifts, 9-7am.

It's been pretty crazy here so far, I've seen countless family violence disputes, several PI's and so many drug cases, I've lost count. The only thing I have witnessed so far that has gotten to me was that the officer I was riding with and I were the first unit to respond to a suicide. We had arrived prolly about 2 minutes after the person pulled the trigger of his .22 revolver. It was hard witnessing his body lieing there, let alone knowing this man just ended his life, well sort of.

What happened was that the man, who used a .22, the bullet had enough force to enter the skull, but not exit... just bounce around in the skull.

All this is an incredible learning experience, I just wish I had at least a pair of cuffs to detain anyone I may encounter or chase down if the officer can't.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The only suicide I've been to, well last I heard the guy was still alive, was a .22 pistol to the head. Kind of weird. I'm just glad it wasn't a 12 gauge or other large caliber weapon, I'd probably lost my cookies.

9. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

My most memorable incident while riding along. Happened it was with a friend of a friend. Pulls over a '70 Impala clearly not from the area it was in. License plate light out. Was full of large hispanics, riding on wires wrapped in A78-13's. Officer's first word were "I'd wager the total weight of you all exceeds the limits of these tires."
    There I was sitting in the pass/front seat, trying to keep an eye on him just in case (we'd discussed "999"), and I can't see shiat thru the tears of laughter.
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey Bubba, you pull some strings to get me a ridealong if I was to come visit your neck of the woods :D I have always wanted to see what it was like, the only time I ever get to see the front seat of a cop car is when they are handing me the ticket book and asking me to sign at the bottom :haha: :haha: .

Krennen