Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'll just toss this out there

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by big pappa b, Jan 25, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm not actively trying to sell this all but if someone wants a complete package..here it is. Tow rig. trailer and K5

Tow rig: 89 Chevy Suburban V2500 3/4 ton 4x4 - Silverado package - Loaded except no leather seats - 350 Vortec motor (96 model), TH400/NP241, edelbrock intake and factory TBI. DS has new Ujoints, new alt, recent tune up w/new 02. 91,000 on odometer
    Interior is in very good condition. Had the A/C charged last year with a little bit of R12, and it blew cold thru both the front and rear A/C systems. included is the third row bench, which is navy blue, against the grey interior.
    New load range E Cooper tires installed last year, still in great shape.
    Highway mileage is about 15-16mpg not towing and 12-14mpg pulling the K5
    The front brakes are brand new, the 14b brakes were AOK - flowmaster 70 series muffler
    Prodigy brake controller bought after trailer purchase

Trailer: Load trail model 18ft w/2ft dove tail - Custom drive over fenders made from diamond plate and supported underneath by 5/8" steel rods.
    Approximately 2yrs old - wood deck

1980 K5: Uggh..too much to list but here goes. 454/NP205/SM465 - 205 is still slip yoke but I have the parts to make it a fixed yoke. Motor has Comp cams 268H cam, powder coated Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, Edelbrock 750cfm carb, K&N 5" air filter, mallory Unilite dist, Hooker super comp ceremic coated headers, Centerforce clutch with approx 1000mi, Optima battery, NEW Beard Super Seats, Bestop Soft top in good shape (not installed), new 4 core radiator
    Front Axles: - D60, ORD Crossover steering, bolt in brace, Missouri Offroad diff cover, 4:56 gears, also have but not installed--> NEW Detroit locker, NEW 35 spline outer shaft, u-joints and both NEW 35 spline Warn premium hubs as well as NEW MT. Logan drive flanges
    Rear axle: 14B FF, detroit locker, 4:56 gears, Missouri Offroad Diff cover, Missouri Offroad axle truss, disc brakes but no emergency brake :frown1:
    Tires and wheels are both NEW - 15x10 US Wheel 4" bs - Tires 39'5 x 13.5 x 15 IROKS biased ply
    extended stainless brake lines front and rear, new u-joints all the way around,
    Suspension: All NEW front 4" Tuff Country EZ rides w/ ORD greasable shackles
    Rear springs are NEW F*rd 57" leafs w/ Echobit shackle flip and ORD greasable bushings
    Rear bumper is a 4x4 Iron with swing out tire carrier
    Front bumper is a Smittybilt tube bumper
    NEW Mile Marker E12,000 winch with controller (not mounted)

The K5 HAS NOT been wheeled since all new parts were put on :crazy: so there is no wear on anything.

I don't expect anyone will buy it but just in case ...$12K for it all - no separating or parting anything out so don't ask... IT'S A PACKAGE DEAL!!

I will not be online again until Jan 30th or so.

I have lots of pics if anyone is serious. On the open road the burb pull it with ZERO problems. If you are going to be towing numerous times over the Appalachians or Rockies I suggest you buy a diesel tow rig. It still pulls fine in the mountains but it will get slowed down unlike a diesel
    If your asking why I would sell, we just bought a house today and the wife will possibly not be working for a while due to pregnancy. I still owe some cash on the burb and it would be good to lower my monthly insurance bill too :cool1:

Img_0404.jpg

DSC07698sm.jpg

DSC03694 (Small).jpg

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Is that Dan's old Suburban? Sure looks a lot like it.

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Yes, that is my old burban... Bryan... why are you looking to sell man??? Gawd knows I miss that Burban...

-Dan

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

unless i missed it how much for the trailer, and and does it have 1 or 2 sets of trailer brakes. thanks, chris

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

hey dan,
    i have been emailing you, i need the title to the blazer i bought off of you to get the city off my ass. also, since we didn't do the trade, i need the locker i bought for the 8.8 off of ebay and had sent to you to be sent to me so i can use it in the cherokee. i would appreciate you letting me know something.
    thanks
    jeff

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Yea, you missed it. It's being sold as a set, all or nothing.

Damn, I wish I had that kinda money laying around.... If you still have this rig in a couple months, you can expect a call!!!!:D I like what I see!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

oh ok i see now :grin: my bad, well if you decide to seperate them let me know, thanks, chris

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

OMG, not another sell out!!
    Say it isn't so!

Hope you dont have sell to make the note...
    Congrats on the house.
    You gonna make back to the IL-MO area to wheel
    if you still have the rig this summer??

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

You have a reply. Now please remove your post or I will have to post my email to you out here for the public to read as well so they understand our situation.

Thx,
    -Dan

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

:D

I dont think danny's on here much anymore. I just emailed him the link to this thread. BPB, I think it's going to be hard to sell as a package deal, but good luck to you. Dan should just buy it all and be completely set up right again.

11. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

WTF??! Post that shiat up then, if your 'situation' is so touchy.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

STFU

13. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:woot:

So where's the post?

14. big pappa b

Just got the DSL hooked up today :D

Like I said, I'm not REALLY trying to sell it. I'm not attached to anything I own at this point. If it sells, it sells. If not, oh well..I'll keep it. It's paid for and not eating anything right now. It just kind of sucks knowing that if I want to wheel on a more serious and ofter basis I will need to upgrade to a diesel tow rig eventually and I don't have that kind of cash right now and don't anticipate coming into it anytime soon either. Since we are out in the country now I thingk we would be better off with two or three 4 wheelers. Something we all can enjoy and I can use to haul my deer out of the woods ;)

bigdaddy: the air force has, at my request, sent me to North Carolina. Based on how much we like the house and the area I doubt we will ever leave except to come back to illinois to visit. AS far as wheeling in Illinois/MO this summer...not likely. The wife is pregnant and due near the end of June

75-K5: Yep, Dan's old burb. I love it too

Oh yeah......

You guys take your soap opera to your own thread :ignore:

15. big pappa b

TTT

Would consider parting the package as long as the K5 goes first. Possible trades on the K5 for 4 wheelers

16. big pappa b

Thanks to all of you that have inquired but it is no longer for sale...officially!

After having some serious talks with the wife, WE have decided it would be best to keep it and enjoy the hell out of it

17. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good for you, see you guys in tellico:cool1:

18. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Glad to here it!! I'm sure you will both be glad.

19. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you're keepin the rig!

20. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Good decision, bro - best one!!!!