Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Illegal to drive and smoke?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglyangelracing, Aug 11, 2005.

1. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about a law Massachusetts is trying to pass. Making it illegal to smoke and drive a vehicle. Next thing youll know theyll tell me it illegal to smoke in my own damn house.

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Here in the AZ, many citys made it illegal to smoke in resteraunts (which is fine) and bars (not fine). It's also illegal to smoke with in 50 feet of a public building and many other places I just don't feel like going over at the moment. A friend of mine (not really, but it makes the story easier) got a ticket when he was smoking in his car. The problem was that his window was down..... I guess you just have to be a non smoker to see what they are trying to accomplish. Like the lady on comedy central said.
    "some lady sitting next to me at the bus stop asked me to put out my ciggerette (sp). She said it was killing her. I told her "BITCH, it's killing ME... What makes you think I give a **** about YOU""

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Bahahaha :D :haha:

4. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Yeah you can't smoke in any public building in Mass. But in my own car. Thats total BS

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

they are now citing people for child abuse, if you smoke near your kids and/or in a car with them, i dont know where but i saw it on the news here in TN... i mean i dont smoke around kids cuz its bad and all but child abuse? seems a little over the top

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You have to stomp 3 times, and clap your hands twice,and then say " The russians are comming"

and,,,then you can smoke. At least in Ca thats the rule, oh , and then you have to salute Arnold the GUVinator. And then you can smoke. :D

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

That is a radio gag. They did it here a few years ago. Just trying to see how many people they can get to believe.

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Now I am not a smoker and I think its a gross habit but banning ciggerates in cars, come on cell phones are more dangerous than lighting up in a car, studys prove that.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No gag, I seen it on FOX NEWS a few weeks ago. I think it's complete crap !!!!!! I can understand banning smoking in gov. owned buildings, but I think privately owned buildings should be up too the owner. In cars is just crazy. Only a moronic lib would come up with crap like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I don't care what people do in their car as long as they can still drive safely. But everytime someone throws a lit cig out their window in front of me -- especially on my bike -- I feel like throwing my mag light through their windsheild! The roads here are covered with cigarette butts.

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I don't have time to get into it right now but if this is true (or becomes true) then everyone should end up in jail. Reasons in the NEW world for going to jail for child abuse:
    Music is too loud
    Car or truck exshaust posining, too loud, spray paint, cleaner fumes etc.
    yelling at them causing hearing, brain damage. Spanking punishable by life in prison.
    giving your 16 yr. old there 1st beer.
    allowing them to ride something fun (ie motorcycle etc.) that could cause personal injury.
    and the list goes on and on...................... :mad:

The US is becoming a sorry place full of nothing but self rightous pussies that just drive me F'in crazy. Soon it will become a wasteland of useless people with no rights. :doah:

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Amen!!!!!

I totally agree!..a nation of useless people with no rights!~thats what we are headed for at an alaring rate...

We are SO concerned about offending someone,we cant call them what we used too..anyone read about the Washinton "Redskins"--now they say its a "derogatory term" and can't call indians that anymore.. :surepal: now if your "bald",you cant say that!--youre "Follically Challenged"... :rolleyes: --and you cant call someone "FAT"--there "Obese" now.. :rolleyes:

I long for the days when our parents could teach us right from wrong,and they were still allowed to use their freedom of speech,and call a spade a spade,with no one whining about it!..they have carried this "political correctness" way too far in my opinion...

The tobacco Nazi's in MA have outlawed smoking just about everywhere here in public..bad enough they taxed ciggarrettes so much they cost almost 6 bucks a pack! :eek1: (glad I quit 5 years ago!)...I think they want to outlaw tobacco smoking so it will be easier to smell all the WEED people are smoking! :crazy: ....dont bother smoking a pipe around here!--every cop that sees you with it will pull you over and want to smell it,to see if its POT your smoking! :screwy: ...like its a threat to our national security or something!...but if you get mugged,they can't respond fast,because they are too busy busting people for not wearing seat belts or some other stupid law..

Remember 30 years ago,when we had STEEL dashboards,NOT airbags??
    We had no seat belts,no 5MPH bumpers, no emission controls,and 400HP engines--and 4 wheel DRUM manual brakes??
    I got an E-mail from a friend that had the whole list of stuff we NEVER had when we grew up!--YET we are STILL HERE,despite all the "safety" and other stuff we have to have now!...I think its time for a revolt--who is making up all theese stupid laws??--a leftover Nazi??..and HOW did they get elected in the first place!.. :doah: :mad: ...you wont even be able to fart without filling out an environmental impact statement pretty soon,the way things are headed.. :doah: :mad:

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I am for people doing whatever they want in there cars but. If you lighting up and you rearend the car in front of you because you were busy lighting your smoke you should be held accountable. I only feel this way because i was rearended buy a guy in a van. He was trying to light his ciggertte. This would go right along with eating a big mac or talking on the phone. Do what you want but if you cause someone else harm you would have to pay up and take responsibility for what you did. I would make it very serious like suspend your driving rights for 30 days or something.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I was rearended 2 days ago because the jackarse wasn't paying attention too the road. All I can blame him for is failure too watch what he was doing, not anything else.

17. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Did you read the guy trying to validate this stupid thing? AAA's study says that out of 32,000 accidents from distraction....ONE PERCENT were from smoking! WTF????????????? 320 accidents out of 32,000, most of which were drunk people who dropped their cigarette and were looking for it when they crashed.

18. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Teddy Kennedy must have his own driver now.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would have thought he's had one for quite a while now. Never know when a unexpected swiming pool will jump out in the midle of the road.

20. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    AMEN BROTHER! I'm with you.
    I'm getting so sick of people telling me what I can and can't do that I think I'm going to start taking this -
    [​IMG]

Maybe it will make me feel better.
    As for smokers causing crashes, never heard of one except drunk smokers.
    How about if we just teach people how to drive again, I made it through the no saftey period just fine. I guess that was when they had divers ed instead of just giving out DL from a cracker jacks box.
    As for people throwing ciggerettes out of the window, yes very wrong but so is removing the freakin ashtrays from autos. Yet another smart move from the auto makers. Is that for our saftey? or are they hoping to burn something down?
    At the rate we are going, you will all be bent over soon (Thank you may I have another :doah: ). You might want to start selling your toys now while they are worth something and are leagal.