Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Illinois gun laws

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JeremyK5, Nov 17, 2004.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

Finally a step in the right direction

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

this sounds wierd,
    [ QUOTE ]
    give legal protection to homeowners who violate handgun bans to shoot buglars

[/ QUOTE ]

so people who have illegal guns can legaly shoot buglars /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif am i understanding this right.

i think it is a very good law, every state should have that.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, it's about damn time.

Not like I've cared anyway, the .45 is arms reach from me where I sit.

That said, concealed carry is a long way away. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so people who have illegal guns can legaly shoot buglars am i understanding this right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me. But I think at that point, you'd have to give up the gun or get it legalized. I'm sure we've all heard of these crazy lawsuits where a burglar sues a homeowner for shooting him or stabbing him or something. "Special Protection" might mean they won't be brought up on weapons charges, or they can't be sued, etc.
    You'd have to examine the law itself to see what it exactly means, there may be conditional clauses about felons, etc not recieving recieving special protection. I couldn't imagine they'd OK a crackhouse owner shooting someone with an unlawful gun. "he started stealing my stuff and wouldn't stop".
    I doubt the legislature would be vague.

5. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

That is surprising to see since Blowjobevich is one of the most liberal governors I have seen.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That is surprising to see since Blowjobevich is one of the most liberal governors I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

He vetoed the law. In other words, he did everything he could do to keep it from passing. The general assembly overrode his veto.

Guys, here's the scoop on this law:

In a northern suburb last year, a man shot a home invader and was justified in self defense. Only problem was that he lived in a town where handguns are illegal by village ordinance, so he was given a fine/had his gun confiscated, etc.

As a result someone apparently suggested this law, making it legal for anyone to use a gun for home protection, basically making the village ordinances illegal from what I understand.

I wonder how this affects Chicago handgun owners.

7. BlueBlazer

Oops, didnt see that he vetoed it, just saw his name in that blurb in the newspaper and thought he let it pass. I did have civics class and do know what a veto is by the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oops, didnt see that he vetoed it, just saw his name in that blurb in the newspaper and thought he let it pass. I did have civics class and do know what a veto is by the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to make you feel stupid or anything, but I thought the fact that his veto was overridden was a big part of the story. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BlueBlazer

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    This just came up on the news

IL Supreme Court ruling

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that too.

Looking good this week for gun owners. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

When everybody got crazy and started collecting old guns, somehow I let my FOID card expire....Just hop across the river for new ammo....

Yes Blowjob what's his name is a lunkhead....