Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Illinois guy's, Labor day weekend run?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by joez, Aug 27, 2005.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Anybody else doing the "Untied We Ride" Land-of-Lincoln run over Labor Day weekend? I plan on doing at least the Cliffs for a couple days, i dont know about Rockport yet, dont know if im up for the drive in my doorless Toyota that only goes 60mph.

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I'd like to do the Unite We Ride event, but am not committing to anything yet. I just got the motor back in the jeep yesterday, now I just need to hook up drivelines, exhaust radiator, wiring harness, etc. If I have it running next weekend, I'd probably be up for a run at the Cliffs, or Badlands.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Well, it looks like i will just be wheeling at the Cliffs all weekend, and not hitting rockport on saturday. So, if you decide to head out there maybee ill see you. Ill be in my Toy, though, and not the K5.

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Still undecided. Take out the boat or the Jeep?? The cooler it gets, the more I lean toward the Jeep. Plus the lakes and campgrounds will be busy for Labor Day weekend. I'd like to go back to the Cliffs again (except for all the paperwork :crazy: ). Get that Jeep running Justin, and let's go! Any idea how full the campgrounds around Marseilles may be, joez?

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

When did you get a boat?

I am planning on working on the jeep some more tonight. We'll see how far I get.

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Didn't think to tell you. A few weeks ago. Got a great deal on a one owner '86 Rinker 17 ft. 140 HP inboard. Nice boat, small investment to see if we like the boating "thing". Only had it out once so far.

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Im really not sure on the campgrounds. I know last year the people who stayed at the campgrounds made it sound like they still had open campsites, but i really didnt look into it to much. Being as close as i am to the park, i never really payed much attention to camping, i just drive home and come back the next morning.

8. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Thanks joez, it should be OK. Most camgrounds I've been to will have room for another tent somewhere, as long as you're OK with primitive camping, even if they're "full". Once we decide, I'll call some of the campgrounds in the area.

9. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

The two happiest days of a mans life is the day he gets his boat and the day he sells his boat. I keep one around for decoration! Haven't been out in 3-4 years.

Cant' afford the wheeling thing right down either ~gas! Wow!

I might have to get into motorbikes again, or these little scooters, they look like fun?

Busy adding an addition onto my house. Maybe catch ya later this fall.....
    -Mark

10. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

You guys missed a good time.

11. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

:( I'll bet we did. My two kids and wife were not feeling good this weekend. My son had a baseball tournament that took all Saturday. Sunday we decided to take the boat somewhere close for the day and skip camping. We went to Lake Freeman at Monticello, IN. Sunday I started to come down with what they had, so we didn't do much of anything. When I last talked to Justin yesterday, he was about ready to fire up the Jeep. Maybe we can try again in a couple weeks? Fall is the best time to wheel.

12. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I should be up for going wheeling soon. I am still having a problem with the jeep. It will fire and run if I dump fuel in the throttle body, but will not stay running. However, I think it is just one more wire I need to power up to the computer to let it know the fuel pump is running. I am going to hook it up tonight, and try it.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

odd, the girl i'm seeing spent Sunday on a boat on Lake Freeman. you stealin my chicks?

14. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Hey, I gots ta git da wimmins anyway I can. :pimp:

Nah, I'm just an old family man. :dunno: Sure was rough out there. I was surprised at the waves for the width of the lake. Just a lot of holiday boat traffic, I guess. My wife was scared we were gonna roll. Never bothered her in the Jeep. :haha: