Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

illinois

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by chevyrockcrawler, Oct 3, 2006.

1. chevyrockcrawler

chevyrockcrawler Registered Member

anybody from southern or central illinois? im moving to southern il and wanting to find some places to go wheeling.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

im in macomb illinois right now, where in southern illinois are you moving to?

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I'm in east central IL.

4. chevyrockcrawler

chevyrockcrawler Registered Member

around the mount vernon il area

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

My buddy goes to school in carbondale. He sent me en e-mail today telling me that he found a really good place to wheel. Got stuck in mud up to his bumpers. I'll ask him tomarrow to find out where exactly it is.

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

With being in Mount Vernon, you are not far from Potosi, MO. They say you have to stay on numberd forest roads though, or Toby Barton will give you a ticket!

There is also a park in Rockport, IL and one opening in Hannibal, MO. Of course, if you really want to tear it up and want the absolute best wheeling in the Midwest - go to Flat Nasty www.flatnasty.net in Salem, MO

There is also Fulton, MO (Potawatomi ORV Park) which is featured on our club site www.capitalcitycrawlers.com

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am in central IL. Doing body work now, i.e dent removal so I can get out the door!! Anyone have a door panel diagram so I can put the junk in the door back where it is to be? :)

There is also a place in Marseilles, IL called the Cliffs. Nice place to wheel, except if you run full size expect to turn it into a mini!!

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Nick, good to hear from you. In the next year or so, I plan to build a Wally style trail rig, to get back into the K5 thing. Check with my club info below, we usually have runs all summer long and I am sure we could get you into some good trails.