Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm $120 poorer, and 1 truck richer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 22, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Not that I need another project, but one of the neighbors is moving and didn't have room for this.
    [​IMG]

So he told me to come up with $120 and I could take it.

No motor, missing 2 tires, bad rear end, and I had to put one leaf spring back together and the front axle under it. Looks like it was originally a 2wd body put on a 4x4 frame too. But I think I'm still happy with it.

4" suspension lift with rear shackle flip, 3" body lift, TH350/203, Dana 44 front, and two near bald 36" Swampers. It may be back on the road soon.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Corrected:

:haha:

I was gonna say truck-holic, but you've got more campers than I do :D

-- A

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

and this brings the tally up to..............

nice score :D

4. mountainexplorer

I lost count, that is if you count non-running/driving vehicles. If you count only running, driving and licensed/legal vehicles, then theres only 3 at the moment.

5. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

Man you got hosed! I tell ya what, I feel so bad that ill give ya $150 for it. :grin:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

What???

WHAT??--NO BIG BLOCK, Dana 60, or Dual rear wheels??.... :confused:

just kidding!... :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

There is an 87 K5 about a 1/4 mile from my house that hasn't moved in at least 2 years!--I can hear it call my name every time I drive by it!...the kid who owns it bought a lawnmower from me at a yard sale I had 2 years ago--said he'd take 250 bucks for it...its probably only worth 100 now..sitting in MA does nothing but kill trucks--I bet the brakes are rusted,the lines rotted,and the exhaust must be toast by now..the body looks decent from 75 ft away,but I've not looked closely at it!...I can imagine the shape its in now after sitting that long!...I have no money to waste now anyway--but I am tempted to get it if I could trade something for it,and throw my plow setup from my 74 K20 on it--might be a way to make some cash this fall.... :crazy:

7. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

This little piece came from page 507... was just browsing and came across it. Thought it was a good example of how long this has been going on... :haha:, I am the necromancer of threads! (and a nerd for using the word necromancer...)

8. mountainexplorer

I pretty much parted it all out but just kept the frame and lift, which is still sitting around. It's supposed to be the base for the revised "Swamp Thing" project which is getting a 4 door cab on this regular wheelbase frame, no bed no fenders, my deathwobble 4.56 Dana 60 front end, 14-bolt rear with welded 4.56's, a motor of some sort, tranny and t-case yet to be figured out, and my set of free 44" Swampers. The main drawback is time to assemble it.

9. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I also did a search for threads you've started and it maxed at 500... That's a large percentage of your posts count.:haha: Not picking on you, I'm glad you're here, I like reading about the deals you come across, atleast someone is finding them! Plus you help preserve the trucks we love!

10. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

"preserve" might be a generous word. :wink1: