Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im a bonehead

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cheyennesuper, Nov 7, 2004.

1. cheyennesuper

cheyennesuper Registered Member

Does anyone know where i can get an 4x4truck book for dummies?I'm kinda new to the whole 4x4 thing.I know the basics on my truck but all this performance stuff confuses me...like for example...what the hell are lockers? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

any questions you can ask here man. Alright simplest explanation of a locker, I won't give how it works and blah blah. Anyway when you put power ot the axle the locker puts power to both axleshafts. This means when your tires spin, they both spin the same speed. Ever spin one tire on a wet road or in the mud? If you sat there and just one tire spun, that is an open rear. It just has little gears inside that let each tire spin at a different speed. This is great for street use(in some cases), but offroad its horrible. A locker puts power to both tires. power to both tires means better traction.

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

You might want to check out 4Wheelers bible from the library. Im pretty sure thats the name of the book.

Later

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know where i can get an 4x4truck book for dummies?I'm kinda new to the whole 4x4 thing.I know the basics on my truck but all this performance stuff confuses me...like for example...what the hell are lockers? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We're all here to help, and we all started knowing nothing so don't feel bad.

Do some reading and ask a lot of questions...nobody minds.

Rene