Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm A Cafe Martyr (Also NyQuil Dreams)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Edit: In the middle of this I realize I'm typing a long story with no point. Thanks for reading it if you do. I don't know why I'm writing it.

So I've been to work the last two days, and been sick the last three. The first two were a buildup, and today is pretty bad, although I'm feeling alright now. Half a day today. 1:11-5:17. I'm fairly sure all my boss wants me to do is bake 15 potatoes, set up the prime rib equiptment and sit in the back lounge and slowly die, visions of the damn spraypaint kids in my head.

He suggests if I feel ok to clean out the buffet.

So I wander around a while, eat two entire rolls of Halls out of the front cashier stand, bash my head against something, fall asleep, and wonder where I am. Apparently I had done everything proper in my stupor.

So everything absolutely required is done. I decide to clean out the broaster. Fun! About three inches of goop at the bottom of six gallons of grease. I'm like a very uncognecant rockett......what the hell..... what the **** is that supposed to mean.

Anyway, I get it all clean and shiney. Steel wool, wire brush, it's like welding slag. (I'm suddenly tired as I type this and have been up only 4.5 hours). Shiny shiny..... So I pour in new oil and turn on the heat. I always like it when it heats up because you can see all the way to the bottom. Virgin oil for the chickety.... wha.........

So I sit around some more, soul coughing, wondering who the **** I am on a Saturday afternoon. Half an hour 'till I'm s'posed to leave I decide to drag old sucky manti (the name I just now gave our giant shop vac) out and clean out the buffet. That goes well. Wet vacs rock. Wish I had a wet vac...... Then I pour the water in...blah blah blah.... I think I saw... nevermind. Anyway there was Comet in there. Some bleachy fumes.

I have my white cowboy bank robber bandana on as to not die of fumes or cough on food. Scrub scrub rinse rinse. BUFFY!

I'm done. Boss walks in..... I'm sweating like a.... soldered pipe? I look evil and sick. I'm hoping my nose doesn't start to bleed.

Boss is surprised I got anything done. He feels bad. Hahahaha such a juvenile joy, the pity of others. Yeah I'm cool. Now I have days off, back to work on Wednesday.

COUGH HACKKKKKKK "I'm ok, I'm ok!" WHEEEEZE

Nail me to the wall oh Roman, for I am your martyr...

My next raise is coming soon

I wonder if I'll ever have to kill my boss......

I bought some orange juice a bag of apples and a half gallon of Coke.

I met a man a met long ago, he was tall, I didn't like him too well. I couldn't speak very well. I was too far away.

Oh yeah, NyQuil dreams

I won't really get into the one where the donkey was humping the toilet in a mexican rave club....... it was gross

I dream I'm out galavanting through a field, some wierd spraypaint warriors go into attack mode, throwing exploding cans. I end up executing them all. Needlessly. I'm having a dream about proper gunplay. I'm a goddamn self contained school board of the cool. They had yellow and red and blue tighsuits like on kill bill with neon stripes up them. So I'm back in an odd city I dream of before being tried for the crime or whatever. Bodies everywhere. So they take away my 9mm, but I get swords! ROXXORZ! So I'm like that damn wolfman looking for his bunny. I wonder if the spraypaint punks had revolvers because I asked if they found any .44 Mag casing but then I realized they wouldn't be ejected. I am a warrior looking for absolution!

Then for some reason I'm in a very large underground rollerskating rink in an oversized Gettysburg SD. Then I'm running around my childhood vision of the town, getting yelled at, running away from a welder in a shop. Then I think I killed a bunch of stuff.

Nothing reminds me of youth like gritty sidewalks and back alleys, lost era small town buildings and broken glass. A living ghost town. Home

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

is it ok that in some way that made sense to me?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Which parts?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the cleaning part I guess. I don't know, sometimes I zone out while working on my truck and just scrape all the visible dirt of things. On a truck covered in mud I will clean the motor for hours. Don't know, read that and something about it felt similar.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, I'm pretty obsessive about cleaning things. I have my own rag bundle and rubber glove box at work now. Whenever someone says "I'm bored" I say "Go buff something"