Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm a complete ass but here goes...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fireplug, May 15, 2006.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I have installed many head units, so I'm not normally this retarded...however I'm trying to remove the PO's Panasonic DPG605, and I can't budge this thing. Any ideas? Does Panasonic use some other method of retaining the deck in the dash support thingie? Any help always appreciated!

Solved! Man that was the worst impression of a 16 year old stereo thief EVER! Turns out the guy had solid aluminum angle going from the back of the deck to the firewall! That'll do it.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  2. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it was difficult to remove... might be worth keeping for the new install? A little extra ridgitity never hurt a head unit I dont think.

I've seen some wierd stuff taking out systems installed by previous owners... ususlly take it all out and start over, but the angle could be worth keeping... if it was done pretty well?

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

It was well done, but it's one of those things, how much damage do you want the thieves to do taking it out? Sometimes it would cost less just to let them take it!

The new one is going into a Tuffy console. And the CB will go in the dash.

4. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

That bracket was not for theives, it was for stabilizing the headunit to prevent skipping. Its a common thing to do.

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Yeah totally. I use plumbers banding myself.