Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm a dad!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I\'m a dad!

No, not really. I've only been married 2 months, don't want a real kid yet! We bought a 9 week-old black lab puppy named Tahoe Rubicon Schoch. She is a sweetie. Doesn't even bark at night! Just wish I could sit through a whole day at work and not want to go home and play with her! Pictures are at http://community.webshots.com/user/birdman92

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I\'m a dad!

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

she is going to be a puppy for about three years and then she'll be a grown up. congrats also

4. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Congrats!
    Nothing like having a good dog!
    Just don't forge to teach her to play!

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Don't you just love that 'full grown puppy' stage?

"Hey Ruby!!" *gets body slammed by the dog* "ooof!" *picks self up off the ground* /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Dogs are fun. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's a fine looking dog! If I may, I'd like to give you some quick advice - Get a reflective collar for her, and I'd even consider a reflective vest for when she is out at night. It might look goofy, but it could save you from heartache later on. Black dogs are practically invisible at night so if she escapes and gets into the street she's a goner.

I speak from experience on this. 4 years ago I got a black lab pup. Had him for 6 weeks, he was my best freind. He went everywhere with me, including to work during the day. I went Christmas shopping one night for an hour and came home and he had been hit by a car right in front of the house. He had been locked in the backyard but had managed to work a fence board loose and got out. Nothing sucks worse than having to clean your puppy out of the street. Not trying to be a downer, but it was very sad to lose such a sweet animal and I don't want it to happen to any other dogs. Damn I loved that dog... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif </font color>

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice, bud. I'll definitely look into getting a reflective collar.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey that's a cool lookin dog. Looks a lot like our pup. Ours is 1/2 lab, 1/2 golden, but she looks like a full blood lab baby. She's 5 months...there's some 3 month old shots in my webshots book below. Ours is a LIVE WIRE all the time. Bet yours wont be calm either. High strung but fun fun dogs.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

She is so adorable. Puppys are the cutiest things ever. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif