Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im a dodge owner

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, Jan 22, 2007.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

New 06 5.9 SRW crewcab, auto,325hp ctd,,,, $29,500.. with a jake brake added on.. Ive been dealing with dealers all over the US before settling with Carson Dodge,, they really treated me right

drove it back from Carson Nevada thru the mountains... 246 miles ... 10.4 gallons measured of diesel.. you do the math... a duramax couldnt ever approach that

Im sold

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Wow! I get 18 on the higway if I am going 65 MPH. Once I hit the mountains it drops down to 16 MPG. In town my average is a bleak 11-13 MPG.

05 CTD QC 4x4

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the new truck! :waytogo:

However, my Dmax can do that and has.. ;)

John

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

NICE, is it four by?

they give you a better deal for taking the old stock too?

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Where are the photos Cam?

Pictures, we demand some pictures!!!

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Good job! I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that '07 motor.

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wait until it breaks in you'll get even better milage

8. camiswelding

my hotshot bud gets 24 with his.. modded... of course when he tows and he tows heavy... he gets 12.. but thats pulling 22k

I might be lucky and have gotten an especially good truck.. from what I read on turbo diesel register most of them are averaging 18 plus

We were very accurate in our measurments... the dealer had filled the truck to the brim... I did same on measuring...

Theres something wrong when this beast gets 22 plus mpg and my xterra gets 15 babied....
    there should be a cummins in everything....

duramax,,, cough cough..please..

Ok..In all reality I took a good look at a chevy 4500..I think they are beautiful,,,, I would have had to spend almost 60k out the dooor with a body and tax/license... and fuel mileage would have been in the 10-11 range// and fees would have been OUT OF SITE.. it is after all. Kalifornia.. I couldnt justify spending 60k just to be a ck5 member with a chevy.. I mean you guys will still talk to me.....

WONT YA?

pics to follow
    cam

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

congrats cam, thats awesome, Im happy for ya. :laugh:

10. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congrats and don't feel bad, I also have a loaded 2005 Dodge Ram, 5.9,3500 dually, black and love it. When I bought it I just didn't like the look of the Chevy's. I have no loyalty on new vehicles, got the Dodge (above), a 2000 Ford Excursion, '83 K5 and a '79 K5 and a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid (wife's car), I just get what fits the best for our needs at the time. Next vehicle I am saving for is the New Chevy Camaro Convertable, the convertables are suppose to be out in 2010 I guess. I hope they do the bright orange that's been in the magazines.

11. camiswelding

pics for you durabroke and fordster boys

I went looking all over the US for this truck,, originally I specd a new 6.7.. but I was afraid of being first year technology on a truck I had to pay for and own for 10 plus years.. so I went with the venerable 5.9... I made the right decision I think.. I cant believe how strong it feels going uphill...makes the v3500 454 seem positively anemic by comparison (sorry Can Man.. it does) and the jake brake worked awesome thru the mountains.. my wife who was following me was burning the brakes up on the Xterra and I think I only tapped the brakes twice.. when coming to a full stop...

My plan is to build a custom aluminum flatbed with boxes for it... and remove the center seat and build an aluminum lockbox with an armreat on top.. similar to tuffy boxes they make for jeeps.. but from aluminum
    now.. if I can just win the lotto.. I gotta pay for this thing
    I just began pulling all the stickers/chromey letters and logos off it today... no ram stuff for me.. just paint

truck1.JPG

truck2.JPG

truck3.JPG

truck4.JPG

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Wow, now that's nice. :saweet:

Wanna armwrestle for it? :D

13. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

yeah,,,Me Too

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I would HOPE the new Dodge kicks ass for $30K!!!!:deal: :p:

If $30K+ was in my budget I wouldn't have been searching for 17 year old trucks....... :doah:

15. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Me too... :whistle:

[​IMG]

You've hurt my feelings though... I'm still only getting about 14 mpg (regardless of in town / hiway / trailer). :crazy: How many miles do you have on it? I'm at ~1800, only 8200 to go till the mileage gets really good. :doah:

16. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mine has 20,000 on it and my mileage is friggin awesome just wait until they get broke in MORE POWER and Better Mileage:D :D :D

[​IMG]

17. camiswelding

um.. 300.. how can the mileage get better than 22.. it cant... maybe the lockup auto helps,, it certainly shifts crisply and gets right to the sweet spot
    I am flabergasted... we checked the computations over and over.. and I had my wife check them as well... it got 22mpg+ on its first tank.. yes there was alot of downhill on the way back from Nevada... but there was also alot of 65 too....
    I was hoping for 12 towing... now Im hoping for 15+ with 4k trailer and some gear a wife 3 dogs and a friggin parrot that knows 200 words, sings like a sailor and bites like an alligator

the reason youre getting the mileage you do is because you bought that mega cab which is as big as the queen mary,,,

all of you have beautiful trucks

paul.. you dont get much today for 30k when it comes to trucks.. so getting a dodge for less than you can buy a loaded s10 lil chevy like thing with ifs that falls out makes the "big dog" seem like a great deal to me

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Oh, I'm not disputing that you got a steal of a deal. I'm just saying that for $30K+ you should expect a little more jam than what you got out of the Mickey Wagon. And, on that note, think of what you could've done with the V3500 for $30K!!!! :yikes:

19. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Cam, check out my write-up on towrig.com when you are ready to upgrade your wheels and tires on the cheap!

http://towrig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2963

[​IMG]

20. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sweet truck. I am hoping to get my CTD paid off in the next year or two & buy a 03-06. I love my 2nd gen, but one day I am going to have kids and need a real back seat.

Harley