Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm a freaking IDIOT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batchman, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Batchman

Batchman Registered Member

I\'m a freaking IDIOT

Ok I have no problem whatsoever admitting this to you guys!!!!!!!!!!! While waiting for answers on the 700r4 question, I went outside and started replacing me you joints. First one went on smooth as silk. Second one the needle bearings fell inside and would not let the cap go on all the way. Now it is a two piece shaft and I was pounding on it trying to get the new joint out(because the needle bearing thing) And I busted the darn drive shaft I brokwe it where the ball joint would be pressed it on the top of the circle just where I sure it gets the most stress! I always try to save myself some money by doing it Myself, but always cost me more money or hardship.

I have an arc welder can I weld the crack(it goes all teh way through) or do I need to hit the salvage yards for a new drive shaft?

2. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m a freaking IDIOT

It gets cheaper the more and more you do it. Because you learn what not to do next time! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Anyway you wont want to weld it because once it breaks it always has that break. Find one at a yard cheap or take it to a driveshaft shop and they should be able to put an end on for next to nothing.

Chris