Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im a good loser!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by o2bjimmy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

A few weeks ago I went to the National archery tourney in Yankton. I went there and shot in the "for fun" class cause I didnt think I could afford several hunderd dollars for an entry fee to shoot for money. I went and I shot and I had a blast!!! It was a great time. Is what ticked me off is when The trophys were awarded. I got awarded a trophy for finishing first in the FUN class. That was good news to me untill they awarded the trophys for the money classes. If I had spent the money, I would have placed 19th in the nation!!! I cant say that is what I would have placed if I had paid because of pressure and all that but.... technically (non scoring/winnings) aside I AM 19th in the US.Next year I will find a way to pay my entree fee.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Weeee! SD REPRESENT!

Hahahahaha, oh well, no money lost as least

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

No money lost and I had a blast. It was so hot that weekend too. i brought out 3 bottles of water and they were gone by 9am. I think my biggest honer is actually beating FACTORY and sponsored shooters. It was really all in fun. One guy there shot a bowtech and it was lost during his flight there. Mathews reps. let him shoot one of their demo bows....... Now thats a stand up thing for a manufacurer to do. Makes me only more proud I shoot a mathews.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats fellow archer :D :D

5. stick

stick Registered Member

i'm not that good, but i still go to the 3D shoots around here some times. these guys who really take it serious put some stuff on these bows that i would never take out to hunt with. congrats.

6. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

There is no way Id take my target bow hunting. It looks way too reflective I guess. 2 1/2 foot stabalizers would also get cauht on all kinds of stuff :D I dont take archery too seriously but I sure like to hunt and pound the X.