Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im a proud owner of a new 88k5!!!!questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ilikeitloud, Nov 24, 2003.

1. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

whats up every1?? i recently bought a 88 k5. its my first "real" off-roading rig. i had a pathfinder that i completly destroyed off-roading so...newayz as of now its the best truck ive ever owned /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif it has a 3in BL on already with brand new 35 bfg all terrains on it but i want to put another 6in suspensison lift with 38s. 64XXX on rebuilt motor and tranny. body has minimal surface rust on the fenders and the frame is in good condition. i have some questions now. im new to the k5 game so bare with me. what year blazer/GMCs can i just pull parts off of and directly bolt them on to mine??i want to go to a junk yard and pick up a new tailgate with a window inside so i would like to know... my friend found me a set of front and rear D44s with 5:89 gear both axles equiped with lockers for 500 bux should i go for these?? and one more question i have is where do i get headers for her??

thanks matt

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Welcome Matt. Lotsa questions. As far as the d44's, they sound like they're from a jeep, as Chevy's use a 10/12/14 bolt corporate axle in the rear and some 60's in the early years. You should have corporate ten bolts front and rear. Please fill out your profile, you may have a member or two really close that could help you out. To go w/ 38's, you will at a minimum need a "3/4" ton axle set up, unless you plan to stay on the pavement, or like changing axle shafts. There is a HUGE amount of tech on this site. Take your time and browse back many pages, as most of your questions have been answered many times. Again, welcome.

John

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    my friend found me a set of front and rear D44s with 5:89 gear both axles equiped with lockers for 500 bux should i go for these?? and one more question i have is where do i get headers for her??

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome, Matt.

D44s wouldn't last long under your rig with 38s. That stuff might work for lighter weight vehicles, but I'd certainly pass on the D44s for a heavy, fullsize rig like a K5.

You can get headers almost wherever you want for these rigs. Jeg's is my favorite place www.jegs.com

On that question of what year tailgate you can use, I have no clue, as I've got all pickups, no Blazers as of yet, but I'm working on it.