Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i'm a trader!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Dec 26, 2005.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i'll make the story short and sweet cuz i'm still excited.last month i bought a '95 buick lesabre from my sister for $300.new tires, great shape,runs well,etc.she just needed the x-tra cash for tires for her new car.over thre weekend,i traded it for a 1980 lwb,6in.lift,375hp 350,350/205eng./trans both rebuilt within last year.body is decent,interiorgood(orig.dashpad in mint cond.)35in.bfg mt(front bald,rear 3/4 tread)headers dual exh.glass packs megaphone tips(and he wondered why he got pulled over alot).he got the skinny a little to much and blew the gears through the 12bolt rear-end case.but i've had a d60 rear/d44 frontw/4.11 lsd sitting around for 2yrs. now wondering what to do with them.now i know!!!!!!!:Di've had a merry christmas and a happy new year.despite my house burning down and losing 90% of everything i owned,5mos.ago.nobody was home.me,my wife and 6 kids are alive and well,and back on our feet.merry CHRISTmas all!

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

sweet deal man post pics when you can

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sweet deal. he traded straight up for it?

4. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

man, so sorry to hear of your loss; fires are always devastating. =( But on the other hand...great trade = ) . Like muddybuddy said...was it a straight up trade?

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sounds like a great deal. ill have to stop by and take a look at it, if i can remember where you live.

sorry to hear about your house, i never heard or seen about it in the paper up here.

put some mufflers on it and go play with us next month ;)

6. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

it's been a week since i've been on-line to check post.yes it was a straight-up trade.he has put so much time/money into it and got tired of working on it.i personally would've been even more determined than ever.probably failed to mention 200k+miles on the lesabre.oh it's got a cobra cb,too.but it,s more than just putting mufflers on it.i need to swap in the 3/4 running gear to replace the blown 12bolt.it,ll probably be closer to February-march before i can get to it.i'm not living in Ionia any more,i'm south of Saranac,3mi. from exit 59 off i-96.15mi.closer to work than i was in a 5bdrm farmhouse(WITH ATTACHED GARAGE)first i've had a garage.but once the truck is in,i've got about 1ft. front/back to move.the new truck is too tall to fit in:( the'80 has 6in.lift but not sure of manufactuer.it looks like a 3in.block/3in.spring,w/6in.front spring.are the block lifts done this way?